200.gif
    Hurley's Gold

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Among other things, West's compromise position on abortion makes me believe he isn't as sure about where God-given rights are absolute as I'd like him to be.

Huffines, on the other hand, is talking tough, and that's what we need. We need someone who's gonna tell the Feds to pound sand.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    All of you that have such great ideas and seem to be political experts should start campaigning for the job.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Oh really? It's quite easy to say something like that, after the fact, and when campaigning, because it costs nothing to say and doesn't have to be proven, one way or the other.

The fact is, we will never know what West would have done, because it wasn't under his authority, and he wasn't in the position to make such decisions. Can't prove a negative.
    Yet Abbott did that very thing. No doubt he regrets it now, but the damage is done. It's pretty clear why we keep electing politicians who screw us. It's what some of you want.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Some folks here when Democrats take over the state and start doing Democrat things:

1634648165548.png

And if you want to say that the Texas GOP is just as bad, have a look at how Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin are being run and then tell me you're OK with that happening state wide.

This reminds me of the liberals here at work bitching non-stop about the latest spending bill and how it will personally affect them but hoping that it passes anyway.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    You know how to tell when a politician is lying, right?
    I know the common answer but I'd like to believe he's not lying. In other words, I'm not going to vote for the guy who killed jobs, but for the guy who says he will act within rule of law. Does that make any sense to you? If it later shows that he's no different I will have been wrong.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I'll vote for the winner of the Republican primary. This election will be the first time that I have voted a straight ticket in over 50 years. The concerted effort by the Democratic Party to win by any means and to not participate in bipartisan projects is too dangerous for our representative ideal of government. Any vote for a Democrat is a vote foe an official who will represent the Democratic Party platform and not his/her constituents.
    Abbott vs whomever? I will wait to hear agendas.. the border is my first concern, "masks" is small stuff

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I'll vote for the winner of the Republican primary. This election will be the first time that I have voted a straight ticket in over 50 years. The concerted effort by the Democratic Party to win by any means and to not participate in bipartisan projects is too dangerous for our representative ideal of government. Any vote for a Democrat is a vote foe an official who will represent the Democratic Party platform and not his/her constituents.
    Abbott vs whomever? I will wait to hear agendas.. the border is my first concern, "masks" is small stuff
    But we're talking about the primary here... Huffines seems to be the one forcing Abbott to act.

Top Bottom