• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmclain3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Spring, TX
    Can anyone show me a picture of their 1911 with one of those Wilson Combat drop-in style magwells installed? These are the magwells that attach via the grip screw bushings. They look appealing but I would like to see how they look already attached to a 1911. I'm curious how well the match the magazine opening of the 1911. Also, I'd like to know how easy it is to Dremmel out the underside of the 1911 wood grips to accept the WC magwell.
    Gun Zone Deals

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    Can anyone show me a picture of their 1911 with one of those Wilson Combat drop-in style magwells installed? These are the magwells that attach via the grip screw bushings. They look appealing but I would like to see how they look already attached to a 1911. I'm curious how well the match the magazine opening of the 1911. Also, I'd like to know how easy it is to Dremmel out the underside of the 1911 wood grips to accept the WC magwell.
    yea you'd have to do releif cuts on your grips which i found difficult to do, i rather just spend the extra money for the MSH style magwell

TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    I'd go with the style that replaces the factory mainspring housing. A bit 'fun' with the sear spring and all, but overall, not to bad. I put one of these (Wilson) on my Kimber and love it.

Top Bottom