Winchester 1300 Defender

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by Wedge, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Wedge

Wedge Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Own this shotgun and looking to change stks. How does the old stk come off. Tons of aftermarket ones are sold so I fig it cant be that hard to change but all I see are pressed pins. They dont pop out easily. As allways thanks for any help.

2. fm2

fm2 Event Coordinator

Apr 27, 2008
    IIRC, you take off the recoil pad and there's a bolt in there that holds the stock to the reciever. Unscrew the bolt with a socket and the stock comes off.

I had a gunsmith smooth up the trigger pull on my 1300 and get rid of the long take up and overtravel. It's much better now! I am thinking of reducing the LOP on mine.

What kinda stock are you looking at installing?

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I put an ATI stock on mine, love it. I can't remember if it was a bolt (think so) or allen wrench. Changed the stock on my Mossy too.

4. Wedge

Wedge Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Thanks and im looking at the Knoxx SpecOps Stock> Police/Military issue it looks like. No expert just heard alot of pos on it as far as recoil and adj goes.

5. fm2

fm2 Event Coordinator

Apr 27, 2008
    I'm thinking of cutting the stock to 12 or 13" LOP.

6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Recoil on my 1300, with #9, kicks hard. My wife shot it twice, maybe three times, and made me buy her a Benelli.

We did three rounds of clay with the GM family, and the wife never even wimpered

7. Eli

Eli Well-Known

Did you like the ATI? I found an ATI folder for a Mossy while cleaning up recently, now I need a Mossy 'truck gun' to put it on.

Eli

8. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Nice thing about the 1300 Defender is they generally{ everyone I have seen } will digest the Aguila 1.5 inch buckshot. Lots of rounds for HD and the recoil is very managable for those of you who are recoil sensitive.

9. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I do not like their solid/fixed stocks. The adjustables rock.

10. rubberdown

rubberdown New Member

Feb 13, 2009

it was supposedly designed and tested with a fn tps. same thing as winchester 1300. They still hang up on occasion, not a good thing to have happen in a Home Defense situation.

Ryan