Winchester gun safe at CostCo

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by Shorts, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    We were at CostCo on Sunday browsing the selections and we came across a Winchester gun safe for $499.

Like seen here: winchestersafes.com

I don't remember the exact model though. It looks like the Legend series.

Anyone have any experience with these? For a safe this size that's a pretty decent price, especially if the quality is right.

2. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Those are made by Granite Security in Fort Worth. I bought one direct from them. Mine is not branded "Winchester" but it is the same safe and I'm pretty sure it would fall into the Legend series. You might give them a call (number at web site) sometimes they have overstocks and "scratch and dent" sales. They have (had) and employee who did the deliveries as a side job. $100, delivered, installed and leveled.

It's a nice safe, There are better onces. I think those, as well as most in the under $1500 price range have UL rating RSC (residential security containers) which purists will not consider a true "safe"

3. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I need a safe, a fire rated safe. Thanks for the info navy guy that may be my wedding gift to myself.:rofl:

4. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I tried searching Costco's site for it and couldn't find it, looks like a nice safe fire rated for 45 @ 1200 degrees seems good... i'm not safe expert by any means so if this is not a good deal please say so...

i so need a large safe for my house

5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

Only holds 24 guns.....

6. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    that's 24 long guns. Easly would hold 30 - 40 additional hand guns. A good starter set.;)

7. twobanger

twobanger New Member

May 10, 2009
    What about this one. Is Sentry an acceptable "brand"?

8. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    Hard thing buying a safe. You got to figure all the guns you have, the ones you are going to have, want to have, and all the crap that your wife thinks is important.

9. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Lemme put it this way....I've got the largest single-door Ft. Knox makes - 1800 or so lbs empty. Holds a LOT of pistols hangin' on that door, but ah'm gonna be out of room when the Kimber Pro Elite I just made a deal on gets here - an' when I bought the safe 5 years ago, I figgered it'd hold everything I'd ever want! That means yet another safe - and it will be another Ft. Knox, simply because it's rated to be one of the best for the money. It's REAL tempting to buy a cheaper one - but it's protecting a LOT of stuff!

10. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

I just got an add paper fromTractorSupply CO. and they have
    a Cannon wide body that is 60x40x24 inches and says 36 gun capacity.
    799.99 might be worth looking into.