• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    I'm looking at buying a Winchester Bandit gun safe. Does anyone own one that can offer me some feedback? It's at a reasonable price and it will meet my needs for some time.
    Hurley's Gold

texagun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    North Texas
    Always buy a bigger safe than you think you will need. You will thank me later.

I've looked at the Winchester gun safes at the gun shows and they look pretty good to me. They cost somewhat less than some of the more well-known brands like Liberty or Browning but appear to be good values.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Having any gun safe is better than the alternative. I don't think anyone on here has ever had a gun safe compromised. If you have, please speak up.
    There are a lot of options that have been covered repeatedly on here but I will add one. The store that sold me my safe said that 90% of the service work he does on his customer safes have to do with digital keypad locks. If it has an S&G (brand) Group 2 or better combination lock, you will not have any problems. A good indicator of the quality of the safe is the steel thickness on the outside of the front door.

Last edited:

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Having any gun safe is better than the alternative. I don't think anyone on here has ever had a gun safe compromised. If you have, please speak up.
    There are a lot of options that have been covered repeatedly on here but I will add one. The store that sold me my safe said that 90% of the service work he does on his customer safes have to do with digital keypad locks. If it has an S&G (brand) Group 2 or better combination lock, you will not have any problems. A good indicator of the quality of the safe is the steel thickness on the outside of the front door.
    I seem to remember someones nfa collection being stolen from one. or the whole safe was stolen, I dont remember

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX

It wasn't a gun safe, but I've had a safe broken into. It was in a store that I used to run. It was a pretty good safe. The police told us it took the robbers 8 hours of work to get into it. Safes only deter a certain kind of criminal. Criminals can plan ahead and they do. They knew we would not be back until the morning. Not only did they break into the safe, we had a kind of locking cage for the front as well as a security door to the back part of the store. They cut their way through all of these. It turned out they were customers of ours and knew what to expect. They also had to have been watching us for some amount of time. You can't expect a safe to do all the work. As they say, "Loose lips sink ships".

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Awesome! Thank you all for the feedback. I looked at the safe again today and I'll be getting it this week. While i agree that a bigger safe is ideal in the long run, I don't have the space for it right now. I'll get back as soon as i get it and anchor it down. Thanks all

Top Bottom