• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • czechmate82

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    In case anyone wants it, I found Winchester Ranger 45ACP RA45T for $31.50 a box (less if you can get the LE/Mil discount). I found it at Tactical Defense Solutions (click on the link to go right to the page for the RA45T). Ammo to Go is charging $50 a box, and you pay sales tax if you buy from TX. TDS does not charge tax, and their shipping is reasonable (they're in ME or NH, I think). I've previously posted about Speer Gold Dot from this vendor as well. Just wanted to give a shout out to the 45 fans out there (I'm one too...)
    Guns International

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    That's no bad. I paid $33.95 last August from Ammo To Go.

The $50 is for +p also.

They've always had the absolute best pricing on Golden Sabre's though. Over half the price of big box and gun shops. They still have it for $15.95/box of 25

awmp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    In case anyone wants it, I found Winchester Ranger 45ACP RA45T for $31.50 a box (less if you can get the LE/Mil discount). I found it at Tactical Defense Solutions (click on the link to go right to the page for the RA45T). Ammo to Go is charging $50 a box, and you pay sales tax if you buy from TX. TDS does not charge tax, and their shipping is reasonable (they're in ME or NH, I think). I've previously posted about Speer Gold Dot from this vendor as well. Just wanted to give a shout out to the 45 fans out there (I'm one too...)

thanks for the heads up, not easy to find and when you do it is not cheap

czechmate82

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    No problem. I'm always on the look-out for good deals on premium ammo. As an example, Ammo to Go has 9mm 124 grain +p HST for sale, but wants $34.95 a box...I won't pay that when I just paid $23.95 a box last month from them. It's getting to be highway robbery...where's Robin Hood when you need him to redistribute the ammo? lol

crs2fer4, what you bought at Academy was what we call "plinking" ammunition. It's good for use at the range, and only for defense in extremis. Quality hollowpoints like HST, Ranger, and Gold Dot expand reliably, even when encountering heavy clothing. In my Ruger P345, I currently have 45ACP Federal HST (standard pressure), and I have two mags filled with it too to follow. I keep a box of Winchester Ranger RA45T (standard pressure) on hand as back-up for when I like to change rounds in my mags (actually, I'm due for that shortly). In short, quality modern hollowpoints are much better than ball ammunition for defense. My $0.02...

Top Bottom