• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I had an insider explain the .22lr shortage to me. Made sense.
    Each ammo plant has tooling to produce rimfire. In normal times, this production run lasts weeks.
    .223 and 9mm got bottlenecked and overran their schedules. .22lr suffered because of it.
    The winchester recall kinda backs that up. Federal bulk is overdue right now. When Federal does re-tool for .22lr it's gonna be an epic run.
    Sit tight and have your money ready. Plinking ammo runs like what's coming don't happen often.
    DK Firearms

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    That has been a mith. Lead bullets have nothing to do with that smelter, bullets come from recycled lead ei batterys etc.

Yep! Something along that lines is what the guy told me he does at his plant. They basically recycle it and bullets is one of the products made from recycling.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I had an insider explain the .22lr shortage to me. Made sense.
    Each ammo plant has tooling to produce rimfire. In normal times, this production run lasts weeks.
    .223 and 9mm got bottlenecked and overran their schedules. .22lr suffered because of it.
    The winchester recall kinda backs that up. Federal bulk is overdue right now. When Federal does re-tool for .22lr it's gonna be an epic run.
    Sit tight and have your money ready. Plinking ammo runs like what's coming don't happen often.
    Interesting - my Academy had .22's in for the first time in three weeks. I've gone almost every day when they opened at 8:00. Today, they had some - crappy golden bullets in a 1400 round bucket and some sub-sonics. At least I got it for < $0.05 / round.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Strange how there's supposedly 13 months worth of double loaded 22 floating around out there but no one on any of the gun boards has heard stories about something going bang, or there's been no stories from the media about bullets exploding at ranges or such.

When Federal does re-tool for .22lr it's gonna be an epic run.

Well, here's to hoping you're right about this.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Strange how there's supposedly 13 months worth of double loaded 22 floating around out there but no one on any of the gun boards has heard stories about something going bang, or there's been no stories from the media about bullets exploding at ranges or such.

Well, here's to hoping you're right about this.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I hope the neck beards are sitting on all of it.
    Enjoy your finance charges! Heh!

They'll just continue to sell it to the morons who buy at their prices.

Also, being the rocket scientist these buyers are, they surely will not of ever heard of this recall and probably be the exact kind of idiot that blows up their 22 AR with it.

Lucas Mccain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2012
    Trophy Club Texas
    They'll just continue to sell it to the morons who buy at their prices.

Also, being the rocket scientist these buyers are, they surely will not of ever heard of this recall and probably be the exact kind of idiot that blows up their 22 AR with it.

The sad thing is they will know about it but just sell it anyway so they won't take the hit.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012

Probably because it got bought and put on a shelf.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    When I heard of the recall, I immediately tried to locate every box of that ammo I had set aside years ago.

Happy to report that none of mine met the recall criteria.

What I did not know, was that I had 5K of that same ammo in the ammo shack.

Time to take it to the range.

Top Bottom