• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    BREAKING: Winchester Recalls Lots Of .22 Long Rifle Ammo | The Truth About Guns

[h=4]1/28/2014[/h]Olin Corporation, through its Winchester Division, is recalling two (2) lots of M*22™ 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Black Copper Plated Round Nose rimfire ammunition.
    Symbol Number: S22LRT
    Lot Numbers: GD42L and GD52L
    Winchester has determined the above lots of 22 Long Rifle rimfire ammunition may contain double powder charges. Ammunition with double powder charges may subject the shooter or bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury and/or death, or cause firearm damage, rendering the firearm inoperable.
    match-recall-2.jpg
    DO
    NOT USE WINCHESTER® M*22™ 22 Long Rifle RIMFIRE AMMUNITION WITH LOT NUMBERS GD42L or GD52L
    . The ammunition Lot Number is imprinted (stamped without ink) on the left tuck flap of the 500-round carton as indicated here. The 1000-round intermediate carton does not have a Lot Number.
    To determine if your ammunition is subject to this notice, review the Symbol Number and Lot Number. If it is Symbol Number S22LRT with a Lot Number containing GD42L or GD52L immediately discontinue use and contact Winchester toll-free at 866-423-5224 or visithttp://www.winchester.com/Product-Service/Pages/Contact-Us.aspx for free UPS pick-up of the recalled ammunition.
    This notice applies only to Symbol Number S22LRT with Lot Numbers GD42L and GD52L. Other Symbol Numbers or Lot Numbers are not subject to this recall.
    If you have any questions concerning this 22 Long Rifle rimfire ammunition recall please call toll-free 866-423-5224, write to Winchester (600 Powder Mill Road, East Alton, IL 62024 Attn: S22LRT Recall), or contact Winchester Customer Support online.
    We apologize for this inconvenience.

I have two boxes of this-mine are good though, fortunately.
    Guns International

pixel5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    I just missed these lots, thankfully. I hear they are sending out checks as compensation... a check doesn't do me any good when you take something from me that took 3 months to find.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    How do you fit a double charge in a .22 lr?

Just use it in your .22 mag, it's all good, lol.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    F-around! I have to go home and check my 1,000 round boxes. Hopefully I dont have this run of ammo. Pisses me off that we get a check though if it is the bad stuff.....they should send us the ammo.

Lame Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Thanks Jeremy, I feel like I won the lottery. In the last 12 months I've bought 5000 rounds at WM for $ 48.00 per thousand, and It's all good. That would be a real pisser if it had to go back. The alternative. If it didn't take off half your head, I bet you would know sumpn wernt right.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I hope the neck beards are sitting on all of it.
    Enjoy your finance charges! Heh!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Phew. Had a box of this stuff but it wasn't in the recall.

I actually wasn't too worried as I had already shot some of it. Had it been "double-loaded," I think it would have been obvious (wouldn't it?!?)

And Winchester should replace the ammo, not issue a "refund." Heck, they should double the replacement amount; but given the scarcity of .22 I doubt they ever even considered it.

Cheers! M2

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I had a guy today tell me that they can't replace the ammo because the US isn't making lead anymore-they just shut their plant down.

I really wanted to explain that A: That news is a few months old, B: There's still other similar types of plants making lead for the ammo (I forget the breakdown of how it works, but I heard it from a guy who works at one personally) and C: Then how is it that other calibers are out on the market so strong?

I didn't have the time to get into that though. I just let him keep believing himself.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I had a guy today tell me that they can't replace the ammo because the US isn't making lead anymore-they just shut their plant down.

I really wanted to explain that A: That news is a few months old, B: There's still other similar types of plants making lead for the ammo (I forget the breakdown of how it works, but I heard it from a guy who works at one personally) and C: Then how is it that other calibers are out on the market so strong?

I didn't have the time to get into that though. I just let him keep believing himself.

That has been a mith. Lead bullets have nothing to do with that smelter, bullets come from recycled lead ei batterys etc.

Top Bottom