• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've been wanting to get into 3 gun for a while now and I know my bird gun(870 w/28" bbl) ain't gonna cut it. Recently I found a fair deal on a Winchester Sx2 practical also known as an FN SLP. I went with a 22" model chambered in 2-3/4".Next on the list, some shell holders.

I'm really excited about putting this gun thru the paces. They advertise 5 shot capability in .49 seconds. From what I understand it is essentially an FN produced shotgun bearing the Winchester label.

I was torn on this one, thinking about a Saiga 12 or VEPR. However, the magazine costs turned me off.

Of course, the thousand dollar price tag is a kick in the pants but as they say " Buy once, cry once"...here come the tears...of joy!
    Military Camp

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    For $1k did you look into the Beretta 1301?

Good thing you didn't go with a mag feed shotgun bc that would put you straight to open class with the big boy toys

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I didn't look into the Beretta. I had been eyeballing the JM930 for a while but have the funds for more gun. I'll end up spending just under a grand shipped and transferred, which was right where I wanted to be. The FN SLPs (MK I's) all hover around $1200 plus tax or S&H. So, overall I thought it was a good deal on my end. Now I'm curious but still think I made a good purchase.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    That Winchester is a great shotgun. You are going to be one happy cat.
    I have a Browning Gold which is a predecessor to the SX2.
    I like mine so much , I encouraged my wife to get the Sporting Clays model. She took it a bit further and bought the Lady's Golden Clays version, with gold birds and roses. It's a little over the top but she loves it.
    Does the SX2 have speed load?
    Our Golds have the speed load feature. When the bolt is open you can load a shell into the magazine and it automatically cycles itself into the chamber. There is no need to load the first shell into the chamber and push the button.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    Can't remember why the FN isn't as popular with the 3G crowd. To late now but the basic Versa max can be fixed up for 1k or get the 3G model for $1300. I have the Pro and if something breaks I'm leaning toward the Beretta. I know Tischouser (sp) did a Stouger m2 clone and those can be 3G ready for less than $700

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom