• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyT.Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2022
    GA
    Henry is reportedly the least accurate of the big 3 (Winchester, Marlin, Henry). Did some extensive research 4-5 years ago and Henry lever actions came up short.

I preferred the Marlin (pre-Ruger). Now that Ruger is making the Marlin line they are a bit pricey.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Henry is reportedly the least accurate of the big 3 (Winchester, Marlin, Henry). Did some extensive research 4-5 years ago and Henry lever actions came up short.

I preferred the Marlin (pre-Ruger). Now that Ruger is making the Marlin line they are a bit pricey.
    They are “pricey” but have read a couple of reviews on the 45-70 and they are shooting sub 1” groups at 100 right out of the box with factory ammo.
    My JM Marlin and my Remlin 45-70 as well as my Ruger No. 3 will come pretty close, but I have tailored the loads for them ( except the Remlin, just feed it a steady diet of 325 gr Leverevolution and it does about 1.5” at 100)
    In other words, you are getting what you pay for.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    My dad's 94 had a scope mounted that didn't interfere with the top eject. It mounted to the side of the receiver, with a 90 degree bend to a Weaver mount. Centered the scope over the receiver, but deflected the brass when it ejected. It worked well.

Looked a lot like this one I found online just now.
    View attachment 320537
    I have a ‘94, top eject, Centennial 66. I mounted a Burris scout scope using this mount… lock solid!

ETA: pics or it didn't happen
    b195b974ef0a3585a58db9c633c73709.jpg
    f410621ff48b9afb219fb08896aa934f.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

My Henry 22 is dead nuts accurate.

JM Marlin 336 in 30-30 is too.

Top Bottom