• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I'm confused why people stake castle nuts. Just torque it down to 40 lbs. like you're supposed to and it's unlikely to come loose.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I just put a deposit down for one of these and should be picking it up this weekend-early next week. I was curious about the quality but bought it anyways since I got it at a great price. I'm glad I stumbled on this article. I don't know jack when it comes to anything more than the basics of how the gun works, so I guess I gotta start studying up on things with it now. It seems like it should be a decent gun from what I've been reading. No LaRue by any means, but still seems pretty decent. Especially since it's a new company that's out and trying to make a good name for itself, and it has experience people running it on all levels.

Also, I think it's pretty cool that they don't call them AR-15's. They call them WW-15. That's pretty slick!

Armalite owns AR15. Calling other rifles other than an Armalite by "AR15" is colloquial, just like everybody uses AK and AK47.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I'm confused why people stake castle nuts. Just torque it down to 40 lbs. like you're supposed to and it's unlikely to come loose.

Theoretically it is staked so it doesn't come loose. There, don't be confused anymore :p

I've read about unstaked nuts coming loose. I've read about staked nuts coming loose. I won't/don't use the "staked castle nut" as a criteria for a non-starter. It is petty imo.

It's up to the end user how they want to setup their rifle for its primary use. Personally it is not a big deal to stake it if ou want it staked. Takes 2 minutes. Mechanically securing it suits me fine. I'm intending to never need to get it off unless there is unforeseen catastrophic failure or damage to the RE that it must be replaced.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Theoretically it is staked so it doesn't come loose. There, don't be confused anymore :p

I've read about unstaked nuts coming loose. I've read about staked nuts coming loose. I won't/don't use the "staked castle nut" as a criteria for a non-starter. It is petty imo.

It's up to the end user how they want to setup their rifle for its primary use. Personally it is not a big deal to stake it if ou want it staked. Takes 2 minutes. Mechanically securing it suits me fine. I'm intending to never need to get it off unless there is unforeseen catastrophic failure or damage to the RE that it must be replaced.

End of story. :)

P.S. I've had a properly-torqued, non-staked castle nut loosen on me after about 2,000 rounds.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I've had unstaked castle nuts come loose before on dpms rifles. The ar platform vibrates like a mofo that why the castle nuts are staked.

Sent from my toaster using secret alien technology.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Just updating on the trigger work that was done. Can't give any better than I am really pleased. I haven't had the rifle out as much as I would like. But the time out I have fancied every trigger pull. It breaks over just when you think it is suppose to break over. Feels natural. I haven't weighed it and I think the WW 'smith told me what he measured it at but I can't recall so I won't guess.

Anyone who's out when I have the rifle out, you're more than welcome to have a go.

Update:

1/29 - Contacted WW regarding trigger reset feeling gritty, to the point I thought it was going to lock up. Without hesitation I was made the offer of "Send it in and I'll smooth it out for you". Within a few minutes of a phone call I had an RMA in my inbox. Pack it up and send out.

2/8 - Received my MPC back from WW. Dry firing dummy rounds the trigger feels great. In fact, the first few pulls I was standing there giddy and grinning like a fool. Need to get to range to verify fix/function and finish sight in.

A description of what was done:

Can't say enough how pleased I am with WW's attention and follow through on this matter. In my opinion they went above and beyond. I thank them for their action and CS. I can't believe they handled it the way they did and got it turned around quickly.

Kenny D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Crosby, Texas
    I really like my Windham MPC. They are great rifles out of the box, and even better once you modify to your own taste. I have had mine for over a year now and I have no complaints.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I have the SRC and took it from a basic model to what it is in the pic. Its a little front heavy, so I'm gonna try and get a lighter quad rail, but it's one rell of a reliable gun. I've never had a problem with it jamming or failing to fire. You can have all the expensive guns you want-I just want mine to be affordable and reliable.

Top Bottom