• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carney

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2008
    Outside DFW metromess.
    I figured one of you guys here when be able to help me with this.

I have windows vista and recently installed new updates, now after installing the updates, my computer is unable to connect to the internet through internet explorer or firefox. However AIM still connects to the internet and works just fine. I tried to revert back to a previous point before the update was installed, which is the 24th however my latest restore point was on the 26th. I tried that restore point and it didn't work either. I tried to uninstall all of the recent updates however not all of them would work, i tried doing them as a group and may try doing them one by one, i'm thinking there may be one that is causing the others not to uninstall. I don't know if any of you have had any similar type problems or know of any possible solutions.

Sorry if this post doesn't make much sense.
    Hurley's Gold

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    One of the updates is causing the problem. If your running antivirus or a firewall you will probably need to reconfigure them to allow you internet services to run correctly. Also one of the Windows Vista updates may have caused the issue also. You may want to run a system restore for a point say the first of December as that would take the system back far enough to undo those updates.

I had this happen to a Windows XP machine and I couldn't even get to my documents folders or anywhere else on the computer for that matter, had to revert to before the updates in order for the system to work again. Its a typical Microsoft Glitch.

I also installed Zone Alarm Pro on my Windows Vista Machine, which turned out it don't work with Vista unfortunately. So I would look at your antivirus and firewall and make sure your internet/network settings are allowed access to the internet.

ronc0011

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Vista is packed full of security stuff and the updates have probably reset your firewall.

Actually Vista isn’t bad once you get used to it and learn where they moved everything.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom