Target Sports

With 2ndA supporters like this, who needs the ATF?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Just another fudd that can’t separate actually handling your firearms safely and thinking owning a certain gun is a safety concern.

People like this are hilarious. Sight big gun control groups then say if you wanna protect our second amendment nominate this dill hole.

I bet him and his Karen wife are on an hoa board.

Yes, that Howard Vestal is walking talking FUDD for sure. Want to bet he doesn't own an "evil black rifle" or any guns that contain any plastic?

He and his wife Karen are president and vice-president of their HOA!
    Gun Zone Deals

GeorgeandSugar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2017
    Como
    Quite obvious Howard is not a “deep thinker.” His lot are all the same: ignore relevant facts, look the other way on the real root causes of gun violence, down play rhetoric like “defund the police,” and distort gun deaths by lumping in suicides and you get rubbish as spelled out in his letter to the editor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Quite obvious Howard is not a “deep thinker.” His lot are all the same: ignore relevant facts, look the other way on the real root causes of gun violence, down play rhetoric like “defund the police,” and distort gun deaths by lumping in suicides and you get rubbish as spelled out in his letter to the editor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Howard is a liberal with a gun type FUDD. He is the type that supports the ban or restrictions on certain types of guns, and thinks no one but either LE or the military has the need for certain types of guns.

He is the person that will lead off the sentence, "I support the 2nd Amendment, but......."

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Browsing the Dallas Pravda on the shitter, saw this alleged letter to the editor:

Chipman needs their votes
    As a proud gun owner, military veteran and Second Amendment advocate, I support David Chipman’s nomination as next director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Chipman, also a gun owner, is a retired, 25-year ATF special agent and explosives expert who led investigations into the 1993 World Trade Center and 1995 Oklahoma City bombings, as well as the investigation of racially-motivated arson attacks against Alabama churches that successfully led to prosecution. He is a gun safety expert who also has served as a consultant to the Giffords’ Gun Owners for Gun Safety group since his ATF retirement. Senate approval of his nomination would give the bureau its first director in six years, thus filling a leadership void that has long-weakened the ATF’s law enforcement capability.

Most important, unlike Sens. John Cornyn and Ted Cruz, Chipman does not take orders from the National Rifle Association. Instead, he vigorously supports common sense gun laws that will reduce gun violence — including background checks for all gun sales.

If you, too, would like to see our elected leaders reverse the course of rising gun violence in our state and nation, ask them now to take this first small step to protect us and our Second Amendment rights by voting for Chipman’s appointment.

Howard Vestal, Dallas

chipman and fudds can suck my mexican balls

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Browsing the Dallas Pravda on the shitter, saw this alleged letter to the editor:

Chipman needs their votes
    As a proud gun owner, military veteran and Second Amendment advocate, I support David Chipman’s nomination as next director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Chipman, also a gun owner, is a retired, 25-year ATF special agent and explosives expert who led investigations into the 1993 World Trade Center and 1995 Oklahoma City bombings, as well as the investigation of racially-motivated arson attacks against Alabama churches that successfully led to prosecution. He is a gun safety expert who also has served as a consultant to the Giffords’ Gun Owners for Gun Safety group since his ATF retirement. Senate approval of his nomination would give the bureau its first director in six years, thus filling a leadership void that has long-weakened the ATF’s law enforcement capability.

Most important, unlike Sens. John Cornyn and Ted Cruz, Chipman does not take orders from the National Rifle Association. Instead, he vigorously supports common sense gun laws that will reduce gun violence — including background checks for all gun sales.

If you, too, would like to see our elected leaders reverse the course of rising gun violence in our state and nation, ask them now to take this first small step to protect us and our Second Amendment rights by voting for Chipman’s appointment.

Howard Vestal, Dallas
    Well friends, a thing about living under the Stars and Stripes is that everyone gets to choose where they stand on issues and very few issues are A or B, most are fractured into many micro issues. Personally I am against convicted violent felons EVER owning or possessing a firearm or a knife over 2".
    We will never regain control of congress unless we stop calling people stupid who disagree with us in any degree. Remember Hillary saying "basket of deplorable s"? Please speak calmly and rationally to liberals about gun control, the facts are on our side! THEN go to the range and blast the sh@t out of targets while thinking of them- to relieve the stress caused by restraining the urge to choke the sh@t out of someone who desparately deserves it!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Well friends, a thing about living under the Stars and Stripes is that everyone gets to choose where they stand on issues and very few issues are A or B, most are fractured into many micro issues. Personally I am against convicted violent felons EVER owning or possessing a firearm or a knife over 2".
    We will never regain control of congress unless we stop calling people stupid who disagree with us in any degree. Remember Hillary saying "basket of deplorable s"? Please speak calmly and rationally to liberals about gun control, the facts are on our side! THEN go to the range and blast the sh@t out of targets while thinking of them- to relieve the stress caused by restraining the urge to choke the sh@t out of someone who desparately deserves it!
    Consider these facts:

1, I have worked with felons who got their life back in order. Would you disagree with going back to the old federal 7 year rule? I would support it. Maybe make it mandatory to restore their rights if they stay out of trouble and show proof they are stable? It’s not up to you or I to determine this, ethically. If someone stabilizes their life I believe it’s their god given right to defend their family from harm. I don’t have a leg to stand on with my argument because all you have to do is say it’s not law but I challenge you to see a right to self preservation that’s more fluid. We often don’t do or support what’s right when everything is black and white.

2, I don’t blow up like I used to at gun grabbers but I don’t compromise anymore. It’s like being in an abusive relationship. Lol. All we are doing is not taking ground back or leaving. We just keep being beat and just talk a good game. Meanwhile the liberal and fudd masses will continue to kick us while down. I don’t sugarcoat the conversation anymore with liberals and often you will find them to be straight up communist.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Howard Vestal sounds like the kind of white-supremacist, cop-loving, anti-LGBTQ+ type that BLM should protest at his residence.....

Poetic justice!! ROFLMAO

Nothing but astroturfing.

dj52lx.png

Interesting! I did a google search and was trying to decide if he was the one that died in 2013, hey if they can vote they can write letters to ed, or if he is the one who penned this alternate fantasy of the killing of JFK by his own wifey: https://smuponyexpressions.wordpress.com/2016/03/22/hell-hath-no-fury-by-howard-vestal/ A sick mind.

I'll bet ole Howie is regretting his letter..............

I doubt it. He is a card carrying member in good standing of the Gabby group. Reading that bit of typical manipulative propaganda BS, I think the Spaceman wrote it and ordered Vestal to submit it...

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Dallas Pravda Haven't taken that commie POS for many years. She took it for the ads, now gone and if i had a cat i wouldn't line the box with it for fear it would rub off on the cat.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    It's a trick that all the younger members of this forum need to recognize: "I'm a gun owner and all for gun rights, but..."

Once you see that ",but...", you should recognize that the writer is LYING to you. He doesn't support the Second Amendment or any other gun rights. It's a ploy to try to convince people that all those NRA or TSRA or other gun owner group members are some sort of Nazi fanatics and that "real" gun owners support government control. Avoid them like you would avoid a pit bull with rabies.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    It's a trick that all the younger members of this forum need to recognize: "I'm a gun owner and all for gun rights, but..."

Once you see that ",but...", you should recognize that the writer is LYING to you. He doesn't support the Second Amendment or any other gun rights. It's a ploy to try to convince people that all those NRA or TSRA or other gun owner group members are some sort of Nazi fanatics and that "real" gun owners support government control. Avoid them like you would avoid a pit bull with rabies.

It's not just the younger members that subscribe to that line of thinking. I covers all age ranges of gun owners that believe that. A lot of us do think of a FUDD as being older, but age has nothing to do with anything in how these gun owners think.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Consider these facts:

1, I have worked with felons who got their life back in order. Would you disagree with going back to the old federal 7 year rule? I would support it. Maybe make it mandatory to restore their rights if they stay out of trouble and show proof they are stable? It’s not up to you or I to determine this, ethically. If someone stabilizes their life I believe it’s their god given right to defend their family from harm. I don’t have a leg to stand on with my argument because all you have to do is say it’s not law but I challenge you to see a right to self preservation that’s more fluid. We often don’t do or support what’s right when everything is black and white.

2, I don’t blow up like I used to at gun grabbers but I don’t compromise anymore. It’s like being in an abusive relationship. Lol. All we are doing is not taking ground back or leaving. We just keep being beat and just talk a good game. Meanwhile the liberal and fudd masses will continue to kick us while down. I don’t sugarcoat the conversation anymore with liberals and often you will find them to be straight up communist.
    The other facts to consider:
    Recidivism among violent offenders is 63.8% AND those are just the ones caught again and convicted again! So I stand by my decision to vote to keep firearms away from convicted violent offenders. I would agree to the 7 yr no vote no gun no large knife rule for offenders over 40 years old ... the recidivism rate among younger offenders is much higher than for the over 40 group. Keep them locked up and/or away from legally possessing deadly weapons until over 40.
    Parole violators with weapons go straight to jail PERIOD DOT!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Recidivism among violent offenders is 63.8% AND those are just the ones caught again and convicted again! So I stand by my decision to vote to keep firearms away from convicted violent offenders. I would agree to the 7 yr no vote no gun no large knife rule for offenders over 40 years old ... the recidivism rate among younger offenders is much higher than for the over 40 group. Keep them locked up and/or away from legally possessing deadly weapons until over 40.
    After many years of thought on this, why are we letting them out if we don't think they can be trusted? What law has stopped a person determined to harm others from doing so? Did any law stop a murder from happening? The Constitution's "shall not be infringed" didn't come with caveats for felons.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Consider these facts:

Also think of it this way. We already have laws regarding the use of guns during a criminal act. Also, not one law ever passed, has ever stopped a criminal from getting a gun if they felt the need for one, or wanted one. I'm not opposed to anyone, regardless of what crime they committed to regaining their firearms rights. Taking another position on that argument is this. Where in the 2nd Amendment does it say one loses the right to bear arms, because they committed a felony? It doesn't.

Bear with me! Now allowing for the 5th and 14th Amendments for the due process of law, when a person is rightfully convicted of crime, and sentenced, they can under those provisions be deprived of their rights. But in all fairness, once their sentence has been successfully completed, their rights, including their right to bear arms should be restored intact back to them IMO.

I'd propose that there be stiffer penalties for a former felon that committed a criminal act using any weapon, but not restricting or depriving them the use of a firearm, or any weapon as long as they are used lawfully.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    After many years of thought on this, why are we letting them out if we don't think they can be trusted? What law has stopped a person determined to harm others from doing so? Did any law stop a murder from happening? The Constitution's "shall not be infringed" didn't come with caveats for felons.

Looks like you and I are pretty much on the same page with this.

Top Bottom