Join TexasGunTalk

With all due respect.....

Discussion in 'Lifetime Member Forum' started by TexasRedneck, Sep 28, 2011.

1. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Folks, it's gettin' almost impossible to get a response from a Mod - either when there's a problem post, or just a question. I know folks are busy - but if someone is going to take the time to suggest something or ask a question, and have the respect to do so privately....it would seem to me that a timely response would be in order.

2. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What's up? You've got my phone number...

3. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    You have my phone number also.

4. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    We need to check moderated posts more often. Left side, second from the bottom is "moderated items". They need approval from a mod before they can be posted. Select the thread(s) you want to approve, click the Moderation Tools open and approve the thread(s).

5. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I have been away a bunch lately...

6. TexasRedneck

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Believe me, guys - I UNDERSTAND ya'll have lives away from the forum!! It's just that lately it seems that things languish, and sometimes I see things that could be "nipped in the bud" if a mod could get it flagged out to 'em. When ya'll are outta pocket, it makes it tough to do - and I understand that. But I've had a post waiting approval for a week or two without even a response - and that makes it kinds aggravating. *I* am brash enough ta bitch about it - others might simply walk away from the board.

7. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Both Alan and I have day jobs at the moment, and a lot of other things on our plate, so unfortunately we're not able to be around quite as much.

8. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Alright, I got the ball rolling on what should hopefully fix this. ;)

9. TexasRedneck

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Thanks guys - like I said, I FULLY understand ya'll have other demands on your time - but from a membership perspective, it's kinda disheartening to wait weeks for a response, y'know?

10. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The act of posting to a mod que subforum does not email the mod staff. I personally had no idea it was there in que.