DK Firearms

Wolf primers - holy crap they are cheap - are they good?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Saw these on the internet and noticed these are almost half the price of the CCI's I usually buy! I have fired 10's of thousands of rounds of Wolf ammo and have never had a hang fire or failure to fire due to ammunition.

Anyone using these?

I would be interested in using the primers for bulk ammo......
    Guns International

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Well sure you do - but if I buy 5-10K of primers, you MORE than make up for that.......

Course, it all depends on if these primers are worth a damn or not - I'm kinda stuck on CCI myself....

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    I use CCI also and do have a plentiful supply.

I have shot Wolff ammo before with no problems.

Dunno if their primers will go bang every time or if there are other issues........

Let's see if others have any experience....

HighVelocity

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    DFW, TX
    Well, that's not a bad price, even with hazmat and shipping. But... I've been using Magtech primers for a couple of years now in both Large and small pistol. SW Ammo in Mesquite sells them at the local gun shows for $22 per 1k. A few months ago I bought 5k large and 5k small from them for $20 per 1k.

The Magtech primers are as good as CCI and better than Winchester, in my opinion.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    I do not use Winchesters simply because they are on the soft side and I reload for military weapons.

Jimlakeside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Pottsboro, Texas
    I have purchased 7,000 Wolf primers and reloaded 6,500 of them. I have had several (estimated 15) primer failures in my Glock 34, BUT I have a reduced power striker pin spring. My wife shoots my reloads through her Wilson KZ and has not had a single failure. The best source for them is been Powder Valley http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ $90.00 for 5,000 + haz mat fee and shipping.

philbo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Houston
    I actually know a gentleman involved in bullseye shooting who swears by Wolf primers. His experience was that he was getting smaller deviations in his rifle loads than with Winchester primers. Intrigues me enough to give them a shot... pun intended

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Thanks for the info guys - guess I will try and find a local source to buy a small quantity (1k or so) and give them a try before committing to a large order.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Well I found a local source for them and bought 1k small and 1k large pistol primers. I have loaded and shot a hundred or so and they have all worked, so far so good.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom