Gun Zone Deals

Woman arrested for not wearing a mask at football game.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Absolutely beyond belief - I'm not aware of anyplace that says they're supposed to arrest someone for not wearing a mask. Where did this happen?

Having said that....the female was completely wrong to resist. The place to fight that is in court - period. If the officer was wrong for arresting her, then sue the living crap out of his department - but to actively resist is wrong - and the mother (presumedly) should have immediately told her to stop and go along until they get to court. THAT is how something relatively minor escalates into something major.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Absolutely beyond belief - I'm not aware of anyplace that says they're supposed to arrest someone for not wearing a mask. Where did this happen?

Having said that....the female was completely wrong to resist. The place to fight that is in court - period. If the officer was wrong for arresting her, then sue the living crap out of his department - but to actively resist is wrong - and the mother (presumedly) should have immediately told her to stop and go along until they get to court. THAT is how something relatively minor escalates into something major.

Yep!
    Exactly what I was thinking as I watched.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    OK to be fair. I am making an assumption she was told to comply with putting on a mask or leave and she outright refused. Judging by the officer's body language, I think that is correct. He's talking to her with his hands up in an interview stance, she says something and his hands go down to his belt for handcuffs and then onto her.

As usually happens, I'm also assuming recording started once the officer decided it was time to take her into custody.

If the officer went directly to hands on and arrest for not wearing a mask then that is obviously wrong.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yeah, she was probably arrested for trespassing after (probably) refusing time leave it put in mask.

I think the mask crap is ridiculous. If it were a business I would say she had no right to be there. Being a school she probably paid for I think she does. But she chose to fight it the wrong way (probably and with assumptions)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Stupidity abounds.

Cops never should have been called. She was no threat to anyone, even if you are scared of the virus.

Cop showed poor judgement.

Girl should have known when to stop.

Anyone know where this was?

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    The situation sucks because we shouldn't be putting cops in a position to have to enforce shit like this. Petty "crimes" turn into confrontations like this.

That's one of the things that got Eric Garner killed. Of course him resisting didn't help at all.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Supposedly the police also tase her. I didn't see it in that video, but according to the news article link.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Supposedly the police also tase her. I didn't see it in that video, but according to the news article link.

You can hear the taser in the original video.

Top Bottom