Target Sports

Woman chambers round, puts gun to head, pulls trigger: Ruled an accident!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Tuesday, March 31st, 2009

Tacoma woman playing with gun kills herself
    Posted by Stacey Mulick @ 08:23:04 am
    A woman died overnight in Tacoma after shooting herself in the head while playing with a gun, Tacoma police reported.
    The 28-year-old woman was intoxicated and playing with a gun inside a home in the 1700 block of East 67th Street about 11:30 p.m. Monday, Tacoma police spokesman Thomas Williams said.
    Family members reported the woman held the gun to her head and fired. There was no bullet in the chamber at the time, Williams said.
    The woman chambered a round, held the gun to her head a second time and fired the weapon, Williams said.
    "The gun went off and a bullet struck the woman in the head," he said.
    The woman died a few minutes after midnight. The shooting was believed to be accidental, Williams said.

Lights & Sirens - Tacoma woman playing with gun kills herself | The News Tribune | Tacoma, WA

Darwin lives!

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    woman was intoxicated and playing with a gun inside a home

Sad story, but at least she didn't hurt anyone else. I don't try to hide the fact that I love to drink beer. But I don't mess with my firearms when I've been drinking. Like DCORTEZ said, "Guns are not toys."

I feel bad for her family.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    That is a sad story, I feel sorry for the woman's family who witnessed the incident. It has to be hard to live with that, especially if they know they could have stopped her.:(

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    It is a sad story on many levels. Obviously, the family has suffered a tragic loss. The death in general is the epitome of "senseless". I realize we don't have all the details, but you have to wonder why an intoxicated woman would be handling a loaded firearm, particularly with (sober?) family members present. And finally, it's sad for all of us, as each time an irresponsible individual does something like this, we take one more step towards a disarmed America.

I started this thread with a reference to Darwin, and many of you might believe that to be a bit callous. Maybe it was, but all "tragedy and sadness" talk aside, this story points out how idiotic, irresponsible, untrained, ignorant people are indirectly endangering my right to keep and bear arms... and that pisses me off.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I've known a couple of folks that have cleaned their guns, dry fired them, then loaded and dry fired them again. Stupid and deadly.

Top Bottom