• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It isn't her fault, it is the President's.

I always laugh about people working a minimum wage job for minimum wage pay and complaining.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Humping out babies and schlepping it at a burger joint is your choice not McDonalds you POS O'luva'turd

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    These people don't understand the concept of 'value'. Value is when you don't pay too much for a consumer good or a service. I'm sure this McDonalds employee looks for value when she's shopping for her family just as the employers at the various McDonalds do when they looking for workers. Job skills are a commodity just as anything else is and are "valued" according to their scarcity or abundance. If you are looking for a job that anyone short of a person in a persistent vegetative state can do, then don't expect a high "value" to be placed on it.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    If you want to make more money. You gotta learn and make yourself more valuable. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    political-pictures-nicolas-sarkozy-smallest-violin.jpg

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    Maybe she could afford shoes if she wasn't eating so much. A couple of times I've worked 2 jobs at a time to get things I wanted, not needed, but wanted. This cow probably makes out like a bandit considering all the government handouts she gets.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It isn't her fault, it is the President's.

I always laugh about people working a minimum wage job for minimum wage pay and complaining.

I work a part time job,not out of necessity but rather because I just feel a need to, and I make a bit above minimum and I see these kind of people come and go all the time. I've quit even having this debate with them.

In my experience, the less money and skills a person has, the more entitled they tend to be. It's an attitude born out of frustration of being ignorant and under educated.

These people don't understand the concept of 'value'. Value is when you don't pay too much for a consumer good or a service. I'm sure this McDonalds employee looks for value when she's shopping for her family just as the employers at the various McDonalds do when they looking for workers. Job skills are a commodity just as anything else is and are "valued" according to their scarcity or abundance. If you are looking for a job that anyone short of a person in a persistent vegetative state can do, then don't expect a high "value" to be placed on it.

And they will be the first to complain when a burger costs $12 and dollar stores cost three. They are under the assumption that their wages are somehow, or should be separate, from the cost of goods.

If you want to make more money. You gotta learn and make yourself more valuable. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Please txb, don't go confusing these folks with the facts and whatnot. ;)

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    My wife has worked at Mcdonalds for 4 years. It was suppose to be a temporary job, but she worked hard and got promoted quick. She started out running the register and has worked her way up to first shift manager. Her next promotion coming up next year will be running her own store at a salary of $38k a year.

This person has worked for 10 years and never moved up? You get out what you put in. If she wants more money she needs to step up and make it happen. My wife deals with these idiots on the daily. I have no idea how she does it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Hilarious shit right there. 10 years and she is in same job. Here is Joe Strattons McDonalds resume:

Stratton joined McDonald’s as a crewmember in his hometown of Detroit, Michigan in 1973. He worked his way up through the restaurants and held various field operations positions in the Detroit Region until 1987 when he was promoted to Staff Director of Operations and Menu Management. In 1990, Stratton moved to Columbus to serve as the Director of Operations, and later held several corporate positions at the company’s headquarters before returning to field operations as the Regional Vice President for the McDonald’s Denver Region in 1998.

She thinks she is worth $15/he because "It is a daily job and you have to come in with so much energy, you just do not get out of anywhere."

Between the Free Shit Army and the Entitlement Culture, we are doomed.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Part of the problem is that more and more regulations and laws make it more expensive to run a business. In the current economy with all of our cashflow problems, government spending, high taxes, and uncertainty there is simply less opportunity. Go work as a crewmember at McDonald's today and you are going to have fewer opportunities than you might have had pre-Obama. Yes, I am blaming the President because many of his policies and statements create the uncertainty that causes businesses to think it is too risky to bring on more help even when they feel like they need it or might benefit from it.

So this same person who feels she is under-appreciated and may honestly not have as much opportunity no doubt supports the very person that gets her "stuck" at McDonalds. Now, granted, every job is an opportunity and she obviously isn't applying herself very hard but at the same time her own options are limited by her choices both in life and politically.

Yet, remember, it is those evil racist Republicans that make sure no one has a job. :bomb:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Rule 1. Get a HS or higher diploma/trade certificate/license (not necessarily a university diploma).

Rule 2. Get married.

Rule 3. Don't make kids until you can afford to raise them without public assistance.

Rule 4. Don't vote for anyone who does not understand rules 1 through 3.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    What gets me are people who flip burgers for that long... I've worked bottom level retail. And it's hard not to get promoted. Unless you're a complete idiot.

Top Bottom