• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ditto, especially after seeing the photos of the burns on the legs of the lady who spilled McDonald's coffee in her lap, after her trial in the court of public opinion.

Compartment syndrome is a far cry from some burns on your legs. It takes a fairly serious trauma to cause this kind of injury, and when it leads to amputation, it's about as severe as it gets. Generally, you notice the swelling, horrendous pain, tingling sensation etc., go to the ER and they slice your arm/leg open to relieve the pressure. But when the people who are morally (and probably legally, although we all know how well that works out) responsible for your well being ignore the fairly easy to spot symptoms and cries of pain (you don't suffer compartment syndrome without pain)... Well, the "extreme" case happens, it seems.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I have a hard time believing a person can get compartment syndrome from handcuffs. I'm not a surgeon, but it usually takes fairly significant trauma.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    There is nothing in that story to actually connect her being handcuffed to her medical condition that resulted in the amputation.

Just because she is suing does not mean her description is fact. You have read her biased story and are ready to convict.

Well Hell.....

“She has to go to the bathroom. She asked, ‘Can I go to the bathroom?’ They refused. They broke the door down and Tased her.”
    -attorney Marvin Leibowitz

They were just trying to help her clear her bowels.

I see no fault here.

All cops are great and honest guys just trying to serve their community and feed their family on a meager salary. Cops would never, ever cross the line in any situation ever.

she made 16 requests to see a doctor for treatment but was denied.

After all, they took an oath

They were just trying to protect her from the risk of medical malpractice and protect the tax payers from footing the bill on her new Obamacare card.

Any evidence otherwise will be met with severe shaming, ad hominem attacks and turn around reasoning.

Sorry TXI. I just can't get behind you on this one.

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Compartment syndrome is a far cry from some burns on your legs.

In either of the cases, the injury is irrelevant to the response. The point was not the injury, or loss of an arm, it was the folly of trying a case "in the court of public opinion". IOW, without knowing all the facts.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    She lost an arm. The resulting condition occurred while in custody.

Pretty plain to me.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Even if it was fact that she had a problem leading to compartment syndrome, before being taken into custody, her being denied treatment is what makes this an easy one to call.

It's far to easy to see that if she'd gotten medical care, the first time, she'd likely have both arms today.

Regardless, 75K?! Usually mistakes like this cost taxpayers an arm and a leg. I guess in this case, it's just an arm for an arm.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I have a hard time believing a person can get compartment syndrome from handcuffs. I'm not a surgeon, but it usually takes fairly significant trauma.

Not really. Localized trauma can cause it. Sure, more severe than bumping your funny bone, but over a small area - easy to get in a physical altercation. Look at Rahim Moore (NFL player) and his injury.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Top Bottom