• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/12/31/woman-suing-over-amputation-following-arrest/

Shes only asking for 75k.

Id be asking for $100 million and the officers responsible and in charge to be charged, fined and fired.

Im no bleeding heart. Murderers, rapists and child molestors who are proven without any doubt guilty, should be hung like the worthless dogs they are.

Losing your arm while in handcuffs in police custody? Simply unacceptable and she didnt "get what she deserved". The cops dont get to hand out street and jailhouse justice.
    DK Firearms

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    There is nothing in that story to actually connect her being handcuffed to her medical condition that resulted in the amputation.

Just because she is suing does not mean her description is fact. You have read her biased story and are ready to convict.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    There is nothing in that story to actually connect her being handcuffed to her medical condition that resulted in the amputation.

Just because she is suing does not mean her description is fact. You have read her biased story and are ready to convict.

Id love to read any alternative version of events and the timeline of events.

She left her house WITH TWO ARMS after being tased and arm bared and handcuffed by a bunch of cops...in jail for a week...then has to go to hospital for arm amputation and leaves with ONE ARM.

Yes i know a person can sue or claim anything, those people usually have the same number of limbs before and after police custody though.

If i come out of the police custody minus an arm, im going to be pissed off, then rich.

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You know she was armed barred? You know she had no other medical conditions? You know that all other causes of the septic condition have been ruled out? You know how long after her release from jail she was hospitalized? You know how long it takes for her condition to reach the point of amputation? You know if she attacked the officers or not?

Did you read that her attorney said he "thinks the handcuffs were too tight"? Can THAT cause her condition?

Come on man, you are smart.......

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You know she was armed barred? You know she had no other medical conditions? You know that all other causes of the septic condition have been ruled out? You know how long after her release from jail she was hospitalized? You know how long it takes for her condition to reach the point of amputation? You know if she attacked the officers or not?

Did you read that her attorney said he "thinks the handcuffs were too tight"? Can THAT cause her condition?

Come on man, you are smart.......

2 arms before

1 arm after

Yes. We dont know the details. Yes weird stuff happens to us frail humans. (im starting to think TXI is a police computer, possibly a robot)

I wish there was an easy way to track the trials and outcome of most of these news stories that we kick around. Would be interesting for sure to follow all of the cases. But i cant do that. Im not a computer or robot.

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    "The attorney says while his client sat in jail, she made 16 requests to see a doctor for treatment but was denied"

I think this is the key to the lawsuit. If she was tased, it was probably because she was fighting.
    So the the original injury may be hard to pin point. But if she was denied medical help that is a
    different animal. It may be why they are asking for what seems like a small amount for a loss of limb.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I'll wait until all the facts are out before I pass judgement. Had to go to the bathroom? Maybe she was trying to flush drugs. Compartment Sydrome? Using dirty needles can cause blood poisoning as well as numerous other "septic" conditions. Or maybe LEO was negligent. Who knows?

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    tumblr_m7zp3616Is1r6m2leo1_500.jpg

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I read some of the other articles - and comments - about this. It seems that there is required arbitration if the suit is over $75,000, and that's why the amount is seeming low. I am curious how this plays out in the courts!

Eli

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I'll wait until all the facts are out before I pass judgement.

Ditto, especially after seeing the photos of the burns on the legs of the lady who spilled McDonald's coffee in her lap, after her trial in the court of public opinion.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    "The attorney says while his client sat in jail, she made 16 requests to see a doctor for treatment but was denied"

I think this is the key to the lawsuit. If she was tased, it was probably because she was fighting.
    So the the original injury may be hard to pin point. But if she was denied medical help that is a
    different animal. It may be why they are asking for what seems like a small amount for a loss of limb.
    that's the nail in the coffin for the jailers if she did ask for medical help and was ignored.

Obviously she was correct in that she needed to see a doctor since they ended up cutting her damn arm off
    75 large, maybe PER YEAR for 10 years

at least if she was in New Mexico, they would have just anal probed her for hours forcing her to poop in a bucket while everyone watches and goes through it.

If you restrained a neighbor stray dog and it had to have a leg amputated your house would look like the scene from Frankenstein where the mob came with torches and pitchforks. You can't treat an animal like that in this country and get away with it.

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Yes , I am sure that is what it was.

I'll make a wager with you. My bet is that even if a judge/court finds in her favor no one does any jail time, loses their job or personally pays a fine. If it were a private citizen they would take the punishment of all of those extremes. Zero accountability.

Care to wager?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'll make a wager with you. My bet is that even if a judge/court finds in her favor no one does any jail time, loses their job or personally pays a fine. If it were a private citizen they would take the punishment of all of those extremes. Zero accountability.

Care to wager?

The Wisconsin cop who was basically finger raping dudes just got 2 years.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    So does anybody have any idea what would happen to soldiers who had a PW get compartment syndrome leading to near death and amputation while that PW was in their custody?

Cliff Notes version: Federal prison is highly likely.

Prisoner in custody of cops (who like to beat their chests and claim to be warriors and stuff)? Eh, nothing gonna happen.

Top Bottom