• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • je2000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    This is embarassing, but I have two DUI's yet I own a pistol and a rifle and am a member of a local range. I guess if you have DUI in FL you can't own a gun?
    Texas SOT

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'm not up on the law, but generally speaking, I would think a DUI (felony) would disqualify you from gun ownership in most states.

Anyone care to inform me?

je2000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    I'm not up on the law, but generally speaking, I would think a DUI (felony) would disqualify you from gun ownership in most states.

Anyone care to inform me?

Many states don't consider it to be a felony, including TX. In NJ, where they occurred, it's not even considered a crime. Only a traffic offense!

That was a while ago, I was younger and stupider. I've learned my lesson. For what it's worth, the 1st I was parked, and the 2nd, if I had been pulled over 2 months earlier, I would've had a legal BAC. Had a .10, they had just changed it to .08.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    We live in a litigious society. Of course he wants to sue. Whether they broke any law or not, why not try to redirect blame to someone else? I mean if you can push blame falsely to someone else, you don't have to face the truth of responsibility and accountability.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Many states don't consider it to be a felony, including TX. In NJ, where they occurred, it's not even considered a crime. Only a traffic offense!

That was a while ago, I was younger and stupider. I've learned my lesson. For what it's worth, the 1st I was parked, and the 2nd, if I had been pulled over 2 months earlier, I would've had a legal BAC. Had a .10, they had just changed it to .08.
    He is right the drunk driver that killed my Grandparents didn't get anything but probation didn't even do any jail time.

je2000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    He is right the drunk driver that killed my Grandparents didn't get anything but probation didn't even do any jail time.

The act of killing someone isn't a traffic offense anywhere that I know of! I'm sure there are a lot of facts to go along with your case.

What'd the guy end up getting charged with?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The facts are he drank, He drove, he KILLED two people and put a third in ICU. One night in jail, and got probation for about five years on probation. Yes there are facts but the one that gets me is no prison time for killing two people. So don't tell me it can't happen I've seen it happen. The third person was in a seperate vehicle, I'm not sure what came of her case against him.

Top Bottom