• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Based on what info is there - good for her.
    It is getting to the point that criminals have no fear for the police and not enough sense to fear the gun wielding home owner.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    That is okay tho. If they all get shot breaking into someones home, they will either get the message or they will get dead. If dead they pose no threat.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Detectives said the teenagers, who live in the neighborhood, ran out of the home and called for help, claiming to be the victims of a shooting.

Too bad they weren't the victims of a killing.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Looks like her tactics were sound. Hole up and wait for the cavalry and own the room you're in. The only thing she could have done differently IMO is either an AR-15 or AK with soft-point ammo or a 12 gauge with 00B. I have a feeling she was using a handgun.

Rifles and shotguns are far more effective for something like this.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Looks like her tactics were sound. Hole up and wait for the cavalry and own the room you're in. The only thing she could have done differently IMO is either an AR-15 or AK with soft-point ammo or a 12 gauge with 00B. I have a feeling she was using a handgun.

Rifles and shotguns are far more effective for something like this.
    But the rifles are far more dangerous in a "neighborhood" or suburban setting than a handgun or a shotgun. But other than than that +1 on the shotgun and 00B
    Ooo no look what I just started. :rolleyes: Ooops

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If I have to use a gun to defend my home, it's because I'm concerned about the well-being of two people: my wife's (first and foremost!) and mine. The rest of the neighborhood can watch out for themselves.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Good for her, though it looks like we have two more shits that are going to be spending a long time to think about their mistake at taxpayer expense that should have cost them their lives.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Read the comments at the bottom. It is good to see that they are supporting her.

An AR can be a suitable home defense weapon if you load it with the right ammo. Soft points are not it. A frangible round would be my first choice if I lived in an apartment or neighborhood with house close by.

I do not have that problem but my bump in the night gun is still a Remy 870 and a tube full of 00 buck.{ I don't want any of my high end guns sitting in an evidence locker for any amount of time}

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Hoji, are there any frangible, defensive ammo out there that isn't exotic? (I mean major brands of ammo). I've seen some "training" frangible ammo.

I simply think it is a bad idea to put something exotic in a defensive round that you might have to explain to a jury.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hoji, are there any frangible, defensive ammo out there that isn't exotic? (I mean major brands of ammo). I've seen some "training" frangible ammo.

I simply think it is a bad idea to put something exotic in a defensive round that you might have to explain to a jury.

I agree to an extent but find out what your local SWAT team uses for urban /hostage situations and go with that. { I am not a lawyer and am not qualified to give legal advice} It would be hard for a prosecutor to come after you for using a "mankiller" round if it is the same round used by your local PD.

I tell every Level III security student I train to load with what the local PD loads with. I have had lawyers tell me that this is good advice. I also tell them not to use hand loads , buy factory ammo.

The fact is if you shoot someone in your home with an "exotic" round and the round stops in the badguy, you will have an easier defense than if your round exited the badguy and killed someone in the next house/apartment over. If you miss{ and you will miss unless you actively train} you most definately want the round to stay in your house.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Moral of this lesson:
    Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.
    blank.gif

I thought this was hy-larious.

Thanks TXI. PS-make sure and tell dee about the birdshot one.

Top Bottom