• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    She was still on her balconey the way I heard the story on the radio yesterday. If so I hope she yelled something like "smile ASS HAT" before she shot him. Jeff Ward says he doesn't see how a car theft is worth the death penalty. Well I can see his point of veiw a little because the women was still on her balcony with a shot gun and had the second perp might have had a gun and shot back. I bet she'd have shot him to.
    I do think it was not very responsable for her to have used a shotgun at that distance. A rifle would have been much better for the job at hand, but hind sight's 20/20 right. I'm sorry that the women has to live with this mans death the rest of her life, I'm not finding any thing to say about or to the dead theif or his family other than bad car thiefes in Texas don't live very long. I hope the Grand jury no bills her.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    She was still on her balconey the way I heard the story on the radio yesterday. If so I hope she yelled something like "smile ASS HAT" before she shot him. Jeff Ward says he doesn't see how a car theft is worth the death penalty. Well I can see his point of veiw a little because the women was still on her balcony with a shot gun and had the second perp might have had a gun and shot back. I bet she'd have shot him to.
    I do think it was not very responsable for her to have used a shotgun at that distance. A rifle would have been much better for the job at hand, but hind sight's 20/20 right. I'm sorry that the women has to live with this mans death the rest of her life, I'm not finding any thing to say about or to the dead theif or his family other than bad car thiefes in Texas don't live very long. I hope the Grand jury no bills her.

What was the distance? I tend to think that if she had used a rifle, some people would be all over her for overpenetration.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    What was the distance? I tend to think that if she had used a rifle, some people would be all over her for overpenetration.
    I don't know what the distance was. I was joking, that was the joke at my house last night. But if the distance was far then 00 would have spread out quite a bit. But if it was 20 yards or so she would only have 2 or 3 pellets not hit the thief. I'm guessing of course to many variables to tell exactly the shot fired to shot hit ratio and without knowing what she was shooting 00, 000, #3 buck etc.... hell we don't even know whether it was a 12 ga or not. All my guess work is based on a short to medium length 12 spitting 2 3/4" 00 buck. It could've even been a slug, but regardless she would have had to have been pretty close for a kill shot barring the slug of course.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    She's lucky she didn't shoot that turd in California, lest the lawyers descend on her and sue her on behalf of the victim's family for every cent she owns, and that on top of throwing her in prison for 15 to 30 years. Total fail here.

She'd go to prison for that in CA. You do not go out and confront someone over a vehicle burglary there.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    She'd go to prison for that in CA. You do not go out and confront someone over a vehicle burglary there.

Total truth in that. Heck, even though pepper spray is legal here you're still more than likely to be prosecuted for assault and certainly open to a civil suit. Everybody sues here in civil court over everything, it's very disgusting.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

I don't agree with the "let them take your wallet" crowd. F them, it's my money. Why bother working, collecting, and amassing so some some two bit jackass can take it away from you at their leisure.

I don't think I could handle living anywhere other than Texas from here on out.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I don't agree with the "let them take your wallet" crowd. F them, it's my money. Why bother working, collecting, and amassing so some some two bit jackass can take it away from you at their leisure.

I'm with you all the way on that. It's a matter of principle: My stuff doesn't belong to some scum-sucking maggot, and I'll do whatever I have to and retain my belongings, even if that means sending the perp off in a body bag.

Englishman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    The New World

Here, here.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

DC, love it. Simple, logical, and blunt.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

I agree. Money is a measure of my life. I trade my time and skills for money - what else is my life made up of if it's not my time and my intellect?

So for someone to steal my money, or the stuff I've worked so hard to get money to pay for, is no different than allowing them to kill me one inch at a time. At best, it's no different than slavery since I'm sure we all can tell you exactly how long we'd have to work to pay for a given item.

Shooting and killing thieves is as moral as shooting and killing someone who is trying to put you on a plantation or is trying to kill you. There is no difference. To shoot in defense of property is to shoot in defense of life.

Top Bottom