0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    [url]http://www.kiiitv.com/news/local/48636137.html[/URL]

KIIITV News

Story Created: Jun 19, 2009 at 5:54 PM CDT
    Story Updated: Jun 22, 2009 at 3:46 PM CDT

(June 19, 2009)

A Flour Bluff woman is under guard at Christus Spohn Memorial Hospital after she was shot by police. The 38-year-old has been charged with attempted capital murder, following a domestic disturbance last night with her husband on the 33-hundred block of Jamaica.
    Police said the woman fired a shot in the home, and was leaving the scene as officers arrived. A short pursuit followed through the neighborhood, the woman utlimately returning to the home on Jamaica.
    It was then she reportedly pointed the gun at officers who then opened fired.
    "A typical family disturbance that officers are disptached to everyday throughout the city that escalated to point of violence and obviously became a very dangerous situation for both the individuals involved and the officers," said Capt. Todd Green of the Corpus Christi Police Department.
    Senior Officer Jerry Schiebrel, a 26-year veteran, and Officer Joshua Swain, who's been on the force for 3 and half years will be placed on adminstrative leave pending an investigation into the shooting
    Target Sports

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    [URL="http://www.kiiitv.com/news/local/48636137.html"][url]http://www.kiiitv.com/news/local/48636137.html[/URL][/URL]

KIIITV News

Story Created: Jun 19, 2009 at 5:54 PM CDT
    Story Updated: Jun 22, 2009 at 3:46 PM CDT

(June 19, 2009)

A Flour Bluff woman is under guard at Christus Spohn Memorial Hospital after she was shot by police. The 38-year-old has been charged with attempted capital murder, following a domestic disturbance last night with her husband on the 33-hundred block of Jamaica.
    Police said the woman fired a shot in the home, and was leaving the scene as officers arrived. A short pursuit followed through the neighborhood, the woman utlimately returning to the home on Jamaica.
    It was then she reportedly pointed the gun at officers who then opened fired.
    "A typical family disturbance that officers are disptached to everyday throughout the city that escalated to point of violence and obviously became a very dangerous situation for both the individuals involved and the officers," said Capt. Todd Green of the Corpus Christi Police Department.
    Senior Officer Jerry Schiebrel, a 26-year veteran, and Officer Joshua Swain, who's been on the force for 3 and half years will be placed on adminstrative leave pending an investigation into the shooting

I went through the academy with Schiebrel. He is a good guy.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    from reading some of the comments on the website it seems several people are thinking the officers did something wrong since they were placed on administrative leave, and do not understand that most departments require this in officer involved shootings. I don't think people understand the stress this has to put on these officers, not just the aftermath but the entire event

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    from reading some of the comments on the website it seems several people are thinking the officers did something wrong since they were placed on administrative leave, and do not understand that most departments require this in officer involved shootings. I don't think people understand the stress this has to put on these officers, not just the aftermath but the entire event

PAL is always given. CCPD also will require each officer visit a shrink at least once.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    PAL is always given. CCPD also will require each officer visit a shrink at least once.

It would be nice, and responsible, for the media to complete the story in that regard. Some folks want to think LEO's are out looking for people to kill, file a report them go to lunch or go out for a beer with the boys. They don't want to accept that it's not something one wants to do, and when/if they ever have to, it's a bad deal.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    It would be nice, and responsible, for the media to complete the story in that regard. Some folks want to think LEO's are out looking for people to kill, file a report them go to lunch or go out for a beer with the boys. They don't want to accept that it's not something one wants to do, and when/if they ever have to, it's a bad deal.

That would not fit the agenda of most media outlets.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Most also require at least one fallow-up visit in like 6 months as well the initial pyic evaluation. I could be wrong tho.
    I know in the private sector there is one pyiceval and legal proceedings as well as two weeks off.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I see you have experienced that area! Some of my strangest calls were there.

They were a 4A rival in high school. And also the south gate of NASCC is right there on Waldron, it was hard to miss the oodles and oodles of class walking down the street at 2 in the afternoon.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Even smaller than my home town of Kingsville.....:p

Psshh, Brahmas. It isn't smaller goof, they're 4A too

Actually, things have grown so much out there. It actually makes me sad. I like how it was in the early-mid 90s. The place started really expanding at the turn of the century. Now there's idiot cars everywhere and what-I-think-are-ugly strip malls lining 624. It's traffic jam central all the time at 5 Points and all the way out to 79.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    An Officer has to do whatever is necessary in those instances. I don't see why some people don't understand that Officers not only have to keep the Peace & Dignity of the citizens but they have to protect their own safety and lives.

Good Shoot

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Psshh, Brahmas. It isn't smaller goof, they're 4A too

Actually, things have grown so much out there. It actually makes me sad. I like how it was in the early-mid 90s. The place started really expanding at the turn of the century. Now there's idiot cars everywhere and what-I-think-are-ugly strip malls lining 624. It's traffic jam central all the time at 5 Points and all the way out to 79.

Sorry, I was refering to population....confusing as the discussion was about High schools...I know....stupid me.....:banghead:

Top Bottom