• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Seems to be not a lot of information yet. Would love to see how this investigation turns out.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

I'm not against the police; I'm just afraid of them.
    Alfred Hitchcock.

Last edited:

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Okay, don't know the whole story. Conflicting reports that she may not have been armed. Eyewitnesses say she wasn't armed.

All I know is that everyone was quick to judge Michael Dunn (loud music guy) and he basically will spend the rest of his life in jail because the guy he shot wasn't armed.

Do we know all the facts in that case? No. Does he get the benefit of the doubt that everyone wants to give to LE? Hell no.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Far too many stories with end results like this.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Okay, don't know the whole story. Conflicting reports that she may not have been armed. Eyewitnesses say she wasn't armed.

All I know is that everyone was quick to judge Michael Dunn (loud music guy) and he basically will spend the rest of his life in jail because the guy he shot wasn't armed.

Do we know all the facts in that case? No. Does he get the benefit of the doubt that everyone wants to give to LE? Hell no.

Wrong. He DOES get the benefit. YOU may have some issue with police, but most people do not.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    This phrase "benefit of the doubt" is being used to what extent here?

Meaning, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this shooting probably wasn't justified, as in the Michael Dunn case. We are told by members here, though, to give the cop the benefit of the doubt until more is known, which is rarely offered to the peon individual citizens.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Meaning, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this shooting probably wasn't justified, as in the Michael Dunn case. We are told by members here, though, to give the cop the benefit of the doubt until more is known, which is rarely offered to the peon individual citizens.

Blame your mass media for that.

You would scream about a CHL holder not being innocent until proven guilty, but since it's a cop he loses all of his rights. Not surprised.

He's a cop, all the fact you need I guess.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Blame your mass media for that.

You would scream about a CHL holder not being innocent until proven guilty, but since it's a cop he loses all of his rights. Not surprised.

He's a cop, all the fact you need I guess.

No, I think he deserves a fair trial like the rest of us. Will it even get to that point? Probably not.
    I'm not condemning him either, but I can say what I think based on the limited information.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    If a CHL holder gave conflicting statements about his reason for shooting, they'd hang his ass.
    LE can basically make up shit as they go, or new evidence magically appears. Or you look at that 95 year old WWII vet who was killed by the cops. First he had a shoehorn, then a knife, etc.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    *****I know nothing about this story. I'm just discussing how language is used here.******

This phrase "benefit of the doubt" is being used to what extent here?

I asked this as this phrase is used in 2 different ways. (I'm not saying what is the actual definition, words and idioms are often misused)

1: Give the "benefit of the doubt" can mean, wait for all the evidence to come out and then decide.

2: Give the "benefit of the doubt" can mean, a favorable judgement due to lack of condemning evidence.

1 is reasonable, 2 is extremely dangerous.

Giving people the "benefit of the doubt" due to the job they hold is how priests got away with molesting kids, teachers get away with abusing students, doctors get away with botching surgeries, soldiers get away with killing innocent civilians and police get away with unjustified shootings.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom