• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MamaAbby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2013
    Copperas Cove
    Mother Threatens School Shooting At Copperas Cove Elementary - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen | My daughter and the neighbor's little girl told me that Friday afternoon their school was on lockdown. I asked them what happened, they said they didn't know but the teachers were told to lock the door, turn out the lights, and get out of sight. Both of them said their teachers armed themselves with a big pair of scissors in their back pockets. Yeah you read that right, freakin' scissors. A woman who's kid had been taken by CPS was threatening to shoot up the school and the teachers grabbed scissors. The school is 2 miles from the police station, and yet the woman was able to get away before the cops could get there. I am so angry. I plan on going to the next school board meeting and also petitioning for armed security.
    Capitol Armory ad

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    That's horrible, I don't have kids of my own but I'm sure I would be just as upset if I were in your shoes.

MamaAbby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2013
    Copperas Cove
    We were notified by a generic robo-call on Friday evening, after all of the schools were closed. My elderly mom was waiting in line to pick the 2 girls up and no one came out to notify the parents waiting in line of a potential threat. My mom didn't even see the cops. My mom always gets there extra early so she is one of the first cars to pick up kids. She was as close to the back of the school as you can get.

ag1052

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Dang... as a foster parent its stuff like this that makes me so mad about the rules cps has for foster parents and guns. Foster parents do their best to keep their identity hidden from birth parents but its not like we are in the witness protection program and with the help of modern technology it isnt that hard to find out some personal info about people (since often times cps wants for the foster parents and the birth parents to meet for who knows what reason). If a child was put in my care and had a parent like that, who knows if they would try to find me and take out their anger on my family. A parent doing something like that is extremely unlikely but it could happen and even if the parent didnt want to do anything that might risk getting their kid taken away for good, there still could be a crazy uncle that wants to take matters into his own hands. All of that said, if there is a person out there who is looking for me and wants to hurt me and my family, I need to have access to protection. CPS requires that firearms be unloaded and locked. Ammo needs to be stored away from the firearms and locked separately. If someone kicks my door in in the middle of the night, the last thing I want to do is go to a safe, unlock it, get the ammo out, go somewhere else to a different safe, unlock it, get the gun out, load the gun, and then try and protect my family.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    After working with CPS on many occasions, I've only met one employee that actually took care of business and did what was best for the child. There may have been more but I never dealt with them. I was never impressed.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    First off, glad to hear no one was injured.

While what Davis did certainly is a problem, more troubling to me is what the staff did, or more accurately, what they didn't do which is to respond to the threat. If in fact Davis made the threats, why wasn't she held until the police arrived?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Those working for CPS have no control over the rules set for them and the guidelines they must follow.

I have a very close relationship with someone who works in CPS and has done both investigations as well as visitations and house checks. This person has had threats made against them and at one point had a family member of a child inform them that they were being watched by the Arian brotherhood and gave detailed information about their home.

They have rules they must follow, doing something different would only get them in to trouble and put them in a position where they would be unable to do anything for the child.

I understand how frustrating it can be, but also understand how frustrating it is for those who are working in the system.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    That happened Friday?? What school? On Thursday, over by SC Lee, some parent threatened to kill the principle at one of those schools. I haven't seen anything about either incident in the local news.

So if you're waiting in your car to pick up your kid, and you hear gun shots and screams in the school....can you be prosecuted for grabbing your gun and running in to respond?

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    So if you're waiting in your car to pick up your kid, and you hear gun shots and screams in the school....can you be prosecuted for grabbing your gun and running in to respond?[/QUOTE]
    if in that position, wouldnt worry about being prosecuted , just about saving the kids, esp mine

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Dang... as a foster parent its stuff like this that makes me so mad about the rules cps has for foster parents and guns. Foster parents do their best to keep their identity hidden from birth parents but its not like we are in the witness protection program and with the help of modern technology it isnt that hard to find out some personal info about people (since often times cps wants for the foster parents and the birth parents to meet for who knows what reason). If a child was put in my care and had a parent like that, who knows if they would try to find me and take out their anger on my family. A parent doing something like that is extremely unlikely but it could happen and even if the parent didnt want to do anything that might risk getting their kid taken away for good, there still could be a crazy uncle that wants to take matters into his own hands. All of that said, if there is a person out there who is looking for me and wants to hurt me and my family, I need to have access to protection. CPS requires that firearms be unloaded and locked. Ammo needs to be stored away from the firearms and locked separately. If someone kicks my door in in the middle of the night, the last thing I want to do is go to a safe, unlock it, get the ammo out, go somewhere else to a different safe, unlock it, get the gun out, load the gun, and then try and protect my family.

Get a quick access safe and keep your gun ready to go. CPS rules are not laws.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    That happened Friday?? What school? On Thursday, over by SC Lee, some parent threatened to kill the principle at one of those schools. I haven't seen anything about either incident in the local news.

So if you're waiting in your car to pick up your kid, and you hear gun shots and screams in the school....can you be prosecuted for grabbing your gun and running in to respond?

Penal code 9.22, necessity.

MamaAbby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2013
    Copperas Cove
    It was at Williams-Ledger Elementary, which is right down the road from SC Lee. I posted a link from the Waco news. It wasn't in the KDH news though, and it wasn't on Copperas Cove PD facebook page either. I just love how they sent a robo call a couple of hours after school was out. They will be hearing from me this week.

Top Bottom