• ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Another example...

I'm still in the process of removing AWFUL wallpaper (it looks like it ought to be hanging in the Long Branch Saloon) in several of the rooms of this house. I showed her a wallpaper perforation tool I had bought to help with the process (yesterday), and she said that she would use it tomorrow morning (today) and help me. Great!

This morning I'm in the kitchen doing dishes/drinking coffee. I get underneath the kitchen sink to get a Scotch Brite pad. Mind you we haven't mentioned wallpaper since yesterday. She sees me getting the Scotch Brite pad out of the box, and asks, "am I going to use one of those too?". I gave her a blank look for a few seconds.

In retrospect, I know I was supposed to understand that she was talking about removing wallpaper. But, I was in dishwashing/coffee mode! What the heck???

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    just because I understand the words coming out of her mouth, does not mean I understand what she's trying to tell me.
    She navigates, I drive. 75 is all jammed up (waze says RED), she says take 635/30 to GB. Loaded with trucks and rush hour traffic. 30 bridge over hubbard is closed down, I20 west is closed. Do I really care, just quit chair dancing to the radio music and get me through this mess. It's dark, quit waving you phone around - I can't see. We're supposed to know what they are thinking about before their mouth starts working in mid-thought. Or maybe it's their brain that engages, don't know which. Actually it's generic trait she got from her mom. Drive into a town where you don't know the roads and they wake up, start talking grandkid. No - look for traffic signs! Or you are on the hiway, nobody anywhere around and 'you're going 2 mph over the limit'. I'm getting worried, she started asking how deductions work on taxes - which she hasn't done for >60 years (1040A).

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    My wife often starts a conversation with a pronoun and no reference to what or who the pronoun represents. It makes for some interesting conversations. I'm thinking of using the ze pronoun in conversations. Just replace all pronouns with ze. Who what that him her it all become the universal ze.

Top Bottom