• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    With the greater number of women that are entering the shooting world I figured we are missing out by not having a sub-forum specifically for them.

Please feel free to PM me for the password.

I will destroy anyone that trolls that forum.

Also, Scubastsia, DCav's girlfriend, will be moderating that section. Please welcome her.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gals-guns/
    Texas SOT

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    "Welcome her" he says, with a link that requires a password........

Here's yer sign!!

But welcome, m'dear - you'll bring a level of style and class to the mods that has been sorely lacking.......

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Always good to have new shooters. Especially women but I really don't understand all these ladies only classes, forums a even special guns. Most of the time I guess I don't see the need. Ladies are treated with respect just about everywhere they go. Sure you will get a gunstore clown who just has to say dometing off color but most of the ladies I know straighten that out themselves. We are talking about tools that kill people. Most importantly we are all using aliases so there is no way to tell if a straight up question is from a guy or a girl not that it matters. All this to say good luck with the ladies forum and ladies should feel welcome anywhere on Texas guntalk.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Always good to have new shooters. Especially women but I really don't understand all these ladies only classes, forums a even special guns. Most of the time I guess I don't see the need. Ladies are treated with respect just about everywhere they go. Sure you will get a gunstore clown who just has to say dometing off color but most of the ladies I know straighten that out themselves. We are talking about tools that kill people. Most importantly we are all using aliases so there is no way to tell if a straight up question is from a guy or a girl not that it matters. All this to say good luck with the ladies forum and ladies should feel welcome anywhere on Texas guntalk.

While I tend to agree, we men know women aren't wired the same. I've seen the success of women-only shooting clubs around my area and recognized that if that's what it takes for women to get involved and become proactive in the community then by all means I'm going to be a part of it.

Women view this largely as a man's sport, and there is a level of intimidation with guns and the community that we men aren't really privy to. By making it women only it takes some of the edge off and presents a more social group that works around issues like concealment, gun choice, etc.

There are a growing number of women that don't need this sort of thing, but they still enjoy hanging with the girls, which is the second aspect of it.

Lastly, it prevents a bunch of horny knuckle-draggers from polluting the threads. TGT has a good group of posters, but I've seen this on every forum whenever a woman begins to post.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Good idea keeping the men's and women's club separate! We don't want their feminine wiles polluting our minds. Can we get a subforum only for people with beards? I feel that us bearded people are discriminated against by the smoothies.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I was thinking something like this would be cool. Maybe they could get their own version of the Man Cave, too- I don't know... "The Tea Parlor?"

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Sweet, there are no forums out there that have lady specific areas so that should serve as a nice draw. You should also add a "peckers and pistols" sub forum just for kicks!

Top Bottom