Lynx Defense

Wondering if this was a setup (public poll)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Was this a setup?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Had my glock 26 on tx gun trader.
    Had a buyer lined up. Then out of the blue he admits he's from alabama and has no Tx id.
    I wouldnt have asked for a bos in the first place.
    My spidey sense creeps in. He just stated in email hes prohibited from owning.
    What would yall do?
    You have to ask us? Shit, man--cancel the deal and break off all contact. It doesn't matter if it's a setup or not--it's not a legal transfer. Run, do not walk, away from it. Done.
    Target Sports

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    1383301752643.gif
    You have to ask us? Shit, man--cancel the deal and break off all contact. It doesn't matter if it's a setup or not--it's not a legal transfer. Run, do not walk, away from it. Done.
    You didnt read the whole thread. Ax me how i know.
    I bet you didnt vote either
    Smh

Last edited:

chip&aprayer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2017
    5-0, as in Hawaii 5-0. Slang for police.

Also, in the survey on top, the second choice, "Sounds fishy but i would ask if he is 5-0 so he wiuld have to tell me." Cops can lie. They are legally allowed to lie. They don't have to admit they are police if asked. It's not entrapment if they do lie. That's an old misconception.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Also, in the survey on top, the second choice, "Sounds fishy but i would ask if he is 5-0 so he wiuld have to tell me." Cops can lie. They are legally allowed to lie. They don't have to admit they are police if asked. It's not entrapment if they do lie. That's an old misconception.
    Its
    It's funny how these myths get perpetuated.
    Same deal with "circumstantial evidence isn't sufficient for a conviction".

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    View attachment 133405
    You didnt read the whole thread. Ax me how i know.
    I bet you didnt vote either
    Smh
    yeah, I read the entire thread. SMDH. It's a stupid fucking thread. And no, I didn't vote in the poll because your options suck ass. I'd vote "NO--it wasn't a setup and the sky is not falling . . . but you know you'd be a doucher to proceed". Now, get back to your regularly-scheduled cat-herding.

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Yes I voted for sounds fishy but I'd sell it anyway........

Had to be one vote for that....just because....

..and you did the right thing.....I've nixed sales for less.....

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    I make it a point on my ads that if you dont have a texas DL or LTC, no deal.
    Just FYI, someone could be have a non-resident LTC and have an out-of-state DL... just check the LTC to make sure the address is in TX unless they also have a TX DL (or other proof of residency)
    Non-resident permits aren't marked as such, or look any different- I know because I had one while I was in the process of moving here... my address was still in CO at the time, and I had a CO DL- only way I could keep a valid carry permit the whole time... since CO doesn't recognize non-resident permits.

I'll second the whole media thing... they tried that crap a bunch of times in CO after passing the "universal background check" law requiring all xfers go thru FFLs, even between private parties.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    yeah, I read the entire thread. SMDH. It's a stupid fucking thread. And no, I didn't vote in the poll because your options suck ass. I'd vote "NO--it wasn't a setup and the sky is not falling . . . but you know you'd be a doucher to proceed". Now, get back to your regularly-scheduled cat-herding.
    shutterstock_143542708-750x550.jpg

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    I just tell 'em that although I personally believe that the laws are unconstitutional and that anyone should be able to purchase whatever firearm they desire in any state, I'm not willing to be the test case since I'm firmly convinced that the government has a lot more time and money to make my life miserable than I do to even slightly annoy them.

On the other hand, if the person does not mention that he is from out-of-state and I have no reason to suspect he is not a Texas resident, I might not even ask for a bill of sale. I usually offer to give a bill of sale though, for his protection as well as mine. Not that I really sell many firearms -- I just buy them and see how many I can put in my gun safe before my wife notices that there's not any room for her jewelry or whatever. :)

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas

I know
    I threw that in as a trick question and 4 ppl voted for it lol

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Had my glock 26 on tx gun trader.
    Had a buyer lined up. Then out of the blue he admits he's from alabama and has no Tx id.
    I wouldnt have asked for a bos in the first place.
    My spidey sense creeps in. He just stated in email hes prohibited from owning.
    What would yall do?

200_d.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom