Wont be moving back to Houston for a while

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buckles, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Buckles

Buckles Active Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
  2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    "This election has changed the world for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered community. Just as it is about transforming the lives of all Houstonians for the better, and that's what my administration will be about," Parker told supporters after Locke conceded defeat.

I don't see how. How does being a lesbian equate to good leadership and how is it ground breaking? Maybe she thinks this is still 1950?

3. Eli

Eli Well-Known

She was actually my second choice after Morales, and was probably the least radical of the 3 leading candidates.

Eli

4. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Is Houston in Vermont?

5. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    Remember in modern America it's all about history making no matter the end results. My question is when we have reached the top of the victim /minority ladder where do we go from there.:2cents:

6. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    That's when they'll bring in the Martians and gray aliens from Zeta Reticuli....there'll always be an "oppressed" people for the left/government to rally around.

7. TXCleaver

TXCleaver Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    Dang, that's well-stated. And pitifully true.

8. eriadoc

eriadoc Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    The real story is the pathetically low turnout. I wonder how many people that professed to wanting Morales actually showed up to vote for him? The Nov. election was decided by about 150K voters, IIRC. That leaves a lot of folks sitting at home bitching about election results. The runoff had something like a 16% turnout.

9. Major Woody

Major Woody Active Member

Sep 12, 2008
    I'm kinda ashamed of being born in San Antonio, Now I'm getting ashamed of living in Texas.

10. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Well, for gosh sakes, don't leave and make room for another d---yankee !
    We're about full of libtards in the major large cities moved in from elsewhere so hang around, go shoot some aluminum cans and pretend they are the enemy, preferably about six of them after you have slated your thirst....

And yanks, if I stepped on your toe,'scuse me !! Just register to vote and help flush the commode called Washington come next elections, then you'll be an honorary TEXAN !!!:texas: