Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Last edited:

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    He wants any federal law banning semi-auto, or mag capacity "unenforceable" in Texas. Well thats a start.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I hope they do that Wyoming style bill here. I got an email from the TSRA stating that they're going to see how the Wyoming bill goes, then they will try and start one here.

Flyingswords

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Smiths Station AL
    They (Wyoming) already has it as law. And Fed Law Enforcement can and will be arrested/put in prison for 2 yrs. The current bill you ppl may be referring to is a modification to the original which increases said penalties from 2 yrs to 5 yrs. That modified bill is still going through their state legislature atm.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Let's hope this isn't just some hype that gets scuttled like the no-TSA-groping thing we had a while back.

ZeR0BuG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    SE, TX

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    Step one will be to pass this type of law, step two would be to move all manufacturers to Texas.

Exactly, this type of law would be nice to protect what we already have, but we would probably never see a new gun/part /accessory not made in TX ever again.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm not sure how many manufactures would keep up any sort of production in Texas.

Even though Texas may do what it can the manufactures would most likely get their licenses pulled pretty quick, I can also see them getting some serious abuse from the IRS.

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    I find it laughable that the very people that want to ignore the 2nd Amendment starting quoting the Constitution regarding illegality of these kind of state laws. They really don't see the hypocrisy of their arguments do they?

Mustang Mike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Mesquite TX
    The founding fathers knew someday would come,the Government would become almost to big to manage and all your
    rights would be slowly legislated away in the name of Peace and Safety.That is why the 2nd A was worded so simply
    and perfectly, what part of right to bear arms don't they understand ? The argument that they had no idea what weapons
    would be made in the future is Stupid,the Civil War soldiers had better weapons then the revolutionary army in 1775, the
    citizen Today was to have weapons to defend themselves from the Tyranny of the Federal Government, That's why it
    starts with registration and then confiscation.It Worked for Hitler,Stalin and many others.
    And My Rottweiler eat my Hand Gun just go pet him and see!

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    The founding fathers knew someday would come,the Government would become almost to big to manage and all your
    rights would be slowly legislated away in the name of Peace and Safety.That is why the 2nd A was worded so simply
    and perfectly, what part of right to bear arms don't they understand ? The argument that they had no idea what weapons
    would be made in the future is Stupid,the Civil War soldiers had better weapons then the revolutionary army in 1775, the
    citizen Today was to have weapons to defend themselves from the Tyranny of the Federal Government, That's why it
    starts with registration and then confiscation.It Worked for Hitler,Stalin and many others.
    And My Rottweiler eat my Hand Gun just go pet him and see!

One of the best responses I heard to "the Founding Fathers didn't know what kind of weapons we'd have today" argument is "in that case, I suppose the Freedom of the Press only applies to quills, parchment, and manual printing presses because the Founding Fathers certainly didn't know we'd have satellite TV, smartphones, or the internet."

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    One of the best responses I heard to "the Founding Fathers didn't know what kind of weapons we'd have today" argument is "in that case, I suppose the Freedom of the Press only applies to quills, parchment, and manual printing presses because the Founding Fathers certainly didn't know we'd have satellite TV, smartphones, or the internet."

I'm stealing this.

centexshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Hays County
    We all need to contact our state representatives and help get this bill pushed through. It's time for Texas to take a bold stand against those who would deprive us of our freedom and security. Unarmed citizens are puppets to whatever regime is in power and subject to its every whim.

Top Bottom