Venture Surplus ad

WooHoo!!! First Custom Rifle Coming My Way!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    T-FAST......can't wait to see the finished rifle. What paint did you use for the scope....?
    KK
    Guns International

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Bump for a finished project! I've been millimeters away from placing a custom order with GAP since I got back from SHOT. But with changes in the NFA process looming, I've been focused primarily (financially) for getting almost every NFA item I could ever possibly want. But custom bolt gun order is going to happen soon, unless I luck out and find something I want on the snipers hide sale forum.

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    T-FAST......can't wait to see the finished rifle. What paint did you use for the scope....?
    KK

I can't wait either. The scope was painted using the sand color krylon camo paint. The barreled action is being cerakoted texas tan, the scope should match nicely. I am also painting the plastic panels on the chassis with the rustoleum tan, which is a bit darker and IMO is a bit stronger than the krylon.

KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    Thanks, Yes sir.....I've used the krylon and rustoleum too, on a couple of rifles over the last few years. Painted scopes, rings, free float guards and synthetic furniture with really good results and the paint is still holding up very well.
    KK

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    What cleaner did you use to prep the surfaces with? I've used mineral spirits, alcohol and a Scotch brite to do plastic/polymer parts and Anodized finishes. looking for bare metal option now.

Last edited:

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    What cleaner did you use to prep the surfaces with? I've used mineral spirits, alcohol and a Scotch brite to do plastic/polymer parts and Anodized finishes. looking for bare metal option now.

I have used the same stuff, but I typically use non chlorinated brake cleaner.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I don't like Atlas. Are the legs stronger yes, but I don't find the regular atlas to be much more stable. The PSR atlas is a big improvement over the regular atlas, but at an over $300 price tag.

I've used atlas bipods and no doubt they are well built, but for me they are slow to deploy and not worth the jump from harris. Just my .02
    I feel the same way for the most part. Atlas are nice but don't particularly feel like they deserve the huge price increase over a harris.

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I was informed today that my rifle was done, but they are waiting for the Whiskey 3 chassis that I bought 4wks ago and by all my accounts should be at the rifle builder... hmm, I need to do some phone calling.

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Here it is! I've had it for about a week. Great fit and finish. I removed all the paint that I did. Won't be able to shoot it for a while since I just had surgery. Better pics are coming soon.

2mi59ip.jpg

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Here it is! I've had it for about a week. Great fit and finish. I removed all the paint that I did. Won't be able to shoot it for a while since I just had surgery. Better pics are coming soon.

2mi59ip.jpg

That is very nice but you have this posted in the wrong section. It should be in the classifieds..............

Top Bottom