Patriot Mobile

Woohoo! We reached the 25,000 member mark!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    We reached 25,000 members today! Thank you all for helping us get there, and continuing to be active on the forums!
    Texas SOT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Not to piss on your parade, but nearly 15,000 (14667, to be exact) of those members have zero posts...

And honestly, there are only around 1500 of those 25,000 who have 50 posts or more.

On a lighter note, YoungGun is our "Top Gun" with 24,772 posts!

I am 28th on that list with 7,138 posts...

Cheers! M2

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Not to piss on your parade, but nearly 15,000 (14667, to be exact) of those members have zero posts...

And honestly, there are only around 1500 of those 25,000 who have 50 posts or more.

Cheers! M2
    Yep YG is pretty wordy. ..

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

Cheers! M2

Where do you go to get those statistics?

TX1911 wrote an article a few years ago about forum demographics. According to himn the vast majority of users are lurkers without accounts, followed by people who register and don't ever post, followed by people who post a few times... I'm sure you see the pattern.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Where do you go to get those statistics?

Top of the forum...

Community >> Member List

Across the top, where it says "User Name" and "Posts," click on the word "Posts." It will list all the users by their number of posts. I can to continue scrolling through until I got past all the "members" with 0 posts.

TX1911 wrote an article a few years ago about forum demographics. According to himn the vast majority of users are lurkers without accounts, followed by people who register and don't ever post, followed by people who post a few times... I'm sure you see the pattern.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, the numbers mean very little. If over half of the "members" have never posted, what's the point of celebrating that?

Plus, it should be quality over quantity. It would be interesting if this forum had a 'like' feature where people could positively rate posts. That feature exists on a forum I admin. From that we could get a better idea of who is really contributing to the topics...

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Plus, it should be quality over quantity. It would be interesting if this forum had a 'like' feature where people could positively rate posts. That feature exists on a forum I admin. From that we could get a better idea of who is really contributing to the topics...

The whores would just ruin that stat too.

Congrats on 25k though.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Top of the forum...

Community >> Member List

Across the top, where it says "User Name" and "Posts," click on the word "Posts." It will list all the users by their number of posts. I can to continue scrolling through until I got past all the "members" with 0 posts.

Honestly, the numbers mean very little. If over half of the "members" have never posted, what's the point of celebrating that?

All you ever do is whine. Geez.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Folks come & go and that's the nature of the Internet. Still, we have a good place to share ideas here. I'm glad to be involved in the forum!

Flash

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom