Join TexasGunTalk

Woopsie...Tropers seem to have violated some rights today at the Capital.

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by austinbirdnut, Oct 27, 2013.

1. austinbirdnut

austinbirdnut Active Member

2. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Whoever runs that website is a total loon. Calling for armed insurection and to start shooting the police? Really? Way to promote your cause with sane people.

If I read correctly they were arrested for Criminal Trespassing, not carrying the gun. How were rights violated?

In fact the Troopers actually showed some pretty decent restraint. Several others could have easily gone to jail with their buddy. The one guy is right on top of the Troopers and won't back off.

No threats to any long gun OCers, no threats to anyone who is filming, (which was an issue in some cities). One guy went to jail for Criminal Trespassing after he was given opportunity to leave and refused.

Seems to be on the up and up.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  3. Green-Harley

Green-Harley New Member

Aug 4, 2013
    I didn't see anything about insurrection in the article, and the group that organised the rally is very much against the cursing used in the video, they certainly don't promote shooting cops.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

4. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I may have mis-spoke. There was a guy named "American Patriot" in the comment section. I though he was affiliated with the website.

Several in the video could have gone for interfering or disorderly conduct. No gun owner I know would want to be represented by such a group of out of control "protesters". Another case of "advocates" being the worst enemy of the 2A.

Before its over we will have legislation banning OC of long guns thanks to morons like these.

5. stdreb27

stdreb27 TGT Addict

Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    ron paulites. Making idiots of themselves...

6. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    You're right, T2 - the protesters went way over the line. Cursing gains nothing - other than to weaken your argument. At the point the officers came to take them into custody, submit and wait for your day in court. You'll gain NOTHING by trying to provoke officers that will do "your side" any good.

7. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    People who sympathize with your cause wont want anything to do with you after a display like that.

8. stdreb27

stdreb27 TGT Addict

Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Although I might play along to meat that chick in the red shirt...

9. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    :facepalm:

10. stdreb27

stdreb27 TGT Addict

Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Meet -- danged auto correct.