APOD Firearms

Word of the day; J O B - I need one in Austin!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Hey fellas I'm already contemplating heading back to Texas. Florida is nice but the shine has worn off and I'm ready to take my fiance back to God's country! I need help to find a good company (private, public, or gov't) to work for, my current company is in a bit of trouble and I am not happy here.

With that said can anyone recommend a company or organization that needs a commercial construction project manager? I have a Construction Science BA, been in the construction industry 10 years, 4 years as a PM in the education and aviation market along with experience in financial institution tenant build-out, renovation, and new construction.

We are looking to move into the Austin area but nothing is set in stone. Any help, leads, or ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

- Scott
    Target Sports

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Being an inspector in the residential field, I can tell you with a pretty good amount of confidence that you should have little trouble finding a job. There is TONS of new contruction on the N side of the Austin metro area. Try companies like Scott Felder, Jimmy Jacobs, Ryland/Newcastle, Taylor Morrison, Buffington, Centex, Centerra and a myriad of custom builders.

Edit: Whoops my whole post got invalidated after I saw Commercial construction manager. Regardless I'm sure theres plenty of that going on all over the austin metro area, it generally follows residential closely.

Last edited:

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I gave you the name of the one company but I'll check with a friend that does the same thing up there and see what other suggestions he may have. I'm hoping to move there as well and am really glad to hear yall are considering moving back.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Breaking - Thanks I'll have a look and see which firms are down there.

Flash - I still have those AA hulls and grey winchester wads to send to you! I'll pm for you address.

Rush - Thanks for the info, been thinking about residential on the custom/semi-custom side.

Jared - I'm going to contact them, seems like a company right up my alley. When are you planning to make the move?

Again thanks everyone and keep the suggestions coming. We are planning to move back Fall of 2014 at the earliest unless a killer opportunity comes up.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Breaking - Thanks I'll have a look and see which firms are down there.

Flash - I still have those AA hulls and grey winchester wads to send to you! I'll pm for you address.

Rush - Thanks for the info, been thinking about residential on the custom/semi-custom side.

Jared - I'm going to contact them, seems like a company right up my alley. When are you planning to make the move?

Again thanks everyone and keep the suggestions coming. We are planning to move back Fall of 2014 at the earliest unless a killer opportunity comes up.

I'd be making the move sometime between now and June.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

Top Bottom