Join TexasGunTalk

work in progress.. turning my sportster into a "war"ster.. WLA look'n harley..

Discussion in 'Automotive / Motorcycle Chat' started by pistolpadre, Sep 30, 2013.

1. pistolpadre

pistolpadre Well-Known

Feb 25, 2013
    Very funny, Very funny .. Young'n ignore the geezers.. but sugars right on the seat.. it's called a tractor seat for obvious reasons, and if you stay with bikes you'll hear most everyone say it's "THE" most comfortable seat there is.. I'm not getting it..

that pic (yeah sug it's a 45 flat head) is just to show the color and the star.. my solo seat that's coming is black, and "normal" looking.. I'm not going to try to duplicate the WLA.. although that company that makes the warboy makes a sportster that is a dead ringer for whats shown.. as i've said i'm just using the WLA for inspiration.. would like to add a tank shift, but way to much work to move the clutch down to the floor board (sugar you remember mouse traps) .. what i'll do is pull the harley logo.. bondo that puppy and spray..

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Active Member BANNED!!!

Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    Superscribbled. I plan on picking up an old sporty this winter for some fun modifications........

3. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    I need a bike...and less insane californians on 183.

4. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Nice project, padre! I've thought about doing the same thing, but took a shortcut to having a WWII bike and bought a Ural ;)

5. Jakashh

Jakashh TGT Addict

Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I always wanted a bike like that, I even built something as close to that as I could get in GTA lol. All you need is an m1 garand for it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

6. Leper

Leper Active Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Nice project. If I ever get another scooter it will be a Ural with the 2wd sidecar option, but yours is an interesting idea.

7. pistolpadre

pistolpadre Well-Known

Feb 25, 2013
    Dan, Jack, Lep.. yeah i've always been interested in the Ural too.. but never had a sidecar and i've heard so much negative about how they handle.. duhh or don't.. anyway Gloria will NOT ride with me so i'd have to come up with some other sort of ballast.. on the M1.. a couple of mil surp outlets sell scabbards .. sure these are re po's.. which is fine.. actually better for me, but then i'd have to spend half my time watching the bike..

I'm going to just keep it simple.. the fender should be here tomorrow.. so over the weekend i want to get it painted.. i won't put it on till i get the tank and rear fender painted.. I've decided to do this "on bike".. and yes i know it's not going to look 100% . but when i weigh the cost of striping and painting by a pro, compared to DIY then no question about it.. plus if i screw it up then i can have a pro re do it for the big bucks..

8. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Just think "cabinets".
    Have fun pard.

9. TundraWookiee

TundraWookiee Scruffy Nerf Herder TGT Supporter

Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Cool project...will be interested in seeing the final product. I drove an old Ural with a sidecar a few months back and it was very uncomfortable after 20 mins but so cool looking.

I've gotta get all mine running again.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

10. pistolpadre

pistolpadre Well-Known

Feb 25, 2013
    i had completely forgotten how i messed up those cabinet's.. sheesh pard.. now i'm going to be shaking like a leaf out there..