Capitol Armory ad

work in progress.. turning my sportster into a "war"ster.. WLA look'n harley..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    more stuff..

took a chance on the ammo can's.. if you look at the other pictures of WLA's they had them on the front, and sometimes rear fenders.. due to back issues i'm having a hard time using conventenial saddle bags.. (mount dismount issues) .. i found the can's at cheaper than dirt. cool thing is there light weight plastic so great for my purpose, the "guess" was on the size.. think you can see their going to be perfect.. they were a shade of OD, but went ahead and shot them with the paint i'm using.. makes coat four or so on the fender..

the other "first look" here is the decals .. i'm going to order more today.. i already have two large and one med .. really pleased with the look, quality, and price.. now that i know i'll use the ammo can''s i'll order extra, thinking a star on the can would look good..

I "might" try the fit of these cans on the rear fender.. if i can mount them back far enough.. (strap hangers would work for support) maybe i could still throw a leg over.. i know they would look ok on the bike. .. The big "blob" you see on the left in the photo is the fender..
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• harley-davidson-wla-03.jpg
      harley-davidson-wla-03.jpg
      34.3 KB · Views: 234
    • P101913_1806 (1).jpg
      P101913_1806 (1).jpg
      9 KB · Views: 176

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Comin right along ain't it.

Hurry up and get it done, we're ready to see the finished product.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    every picture ive seen ,it was a thompson, but dont know for sure

plug in WLA pictures (that might link) anyway there's a full page of pictures of the WLA and scabbard.. i didn't count but guess about 50 /50 for the thompson and garand..

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    getting ready to paint.. kyle has a thread on "rattle can" painting.. i put a list of what i had found up, and looking for any input from you guys on this.. the two ammo cans are going to be great.. have to fabricate a bracket on each side of the wheel to hold them, but should be good, here's pics of the original.. honestly know this sounds big headed, but think mine will be neater than original.. just the ammo cans.. lot of stuff that i'm not sure about.. the chrome etc.. got some baffles on order to give me low rpm torque.. as i said in that other "paint" thread.. work starts monday..

disgusted.. go to wla harleys.. page of pictures.. pick out two that show the ammo can.. the wla just had one on the L side, mine will have two.. but problem is i can't get them to open.. invalid ... got your invalid hag'n.. sheesh..

night all..

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Getting ready for the final on this thread.. scoot's in the bike shop for new ignition (Harley went with a round key that actually FELL OFF.. got a lanyard line to the bars. Also getting a new battery at cost.. going to paint the bike at the shop, 'maybe' lower the front end, probably put on floor boards while it's there. Definitely getting exhaust baffles, make it a little quiter, and run better at low rpm. Were close.. very very close.. then I decide to keep the chrome or go black.. be cool to wrap those pipes paint the wheels, and go all 'serious.. just be happy when I can turn the key.. (the first click is ignition only, no lights, so I don't take the top off the battery) and ride without tying the keys on..

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom