Workers vs Takers. Its on. We need to vote.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
Insert historical background of increasing role of government in the economy and our lives here.

Fast forward to 2020.

Which group is increasing in this country? Those who want to work vs those who want to take?

As the % or workers continues to decrease, those who demand gov benefits paid for by those who do work will demand more and more. Insert analogy of our national car being broken down and more and more people are riding and less are pushing the car...here.

So when do we really get fed up and say "no more" because if the takers numbers keep increasing, we wont be able to out vote them and we will have full on social democracy.

As i was in traffic this morning i just kept thinking...how dont ALL of these people, leaving their homes early in the morning to go work, how dont they all vote for less government and lower taxes?

We have to vote folks. Get your friends, family and everyone who is a worker and not a taker out to vote for liberty. If we just actually got out to vote we really could turn this thing around. Im tired of the stock converations about how awful liberals are and what they are doing to our country. We can stop them at the ballot box.

*"takers" in the deragatory sense do not include the old, severely disabled or kids

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
Feb 19, 2013
Austin, TX
As i was in traffic this morning i just kept thinking...how dont ALL of these people, leaving their homes early in the morning to go work, how dont they all vote for less government and lower taxes?

Because for a lot of people that isn't a central issue. Why do you think they call them "wedge" issues for? For you this is a deciding issue. For others maybe it's gay marriage, maybe it's the drug war, maybe it's immigration. Who knows? There are too many other topics floating around. It's pretty hard to find someone who supports every single thing every single voter wants. However, as "workers" we are behind the ball in a sense. If one is looking to capture the "taker" camp the road is pretty clear. There is something they all want. But I fear the the "worker" camp is much more divided, in the sense that you can't just say "vote for me and I'll make life more easily handed to you."

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
Excellent point. They all want and vote for the one thing we all get from working but we all vote for different things. Voting IS an economic activity for the taker whereas workers may vote based on non-economic reasons.

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
Because for a lot of people that isn't a central issue. Why do you think they call them "wedge" issues for? For you this is a deciding issue. For others maybe it's gay marriage, maybe it's the drug war, maybe it's immigration. Who knows? There are too many other topics floating around. It's pretty hard to find someone who supports every single thing every single voter wants. However, as "workers" we are behind the ball in a sense. If one is looking to capture the "taker" camp the road is pretty clear. There is something they all want. But I fear the the "worker" camp is much more divided, in the sense that you can't just say "vote for me and I'll make life more easily handed to you."
Yeah, no chit! Great statement!

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
Feb 19, 2013
Austin, TX
Excellent point. They all want and vote for the one thing we all get from working but we all vote for different things. Voting IS an economic activity for the taker whereas workers may vote based on non-economic reasons.

Yes, I think you are right about voting being an economic thing for some. That was certainly true in the last two presidential elections.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
What all the "workers" need to do is just sit down and be still.
No violence. No insurrection. Just sit down and stop paying taxes thru payroll deduction.
Yeah I know....It'll never happen but it should.

Utah

Oct 4, 2013
Ya know, when Romney said "if you want free stuff, vote for the other guy" is when I thought "you're going to lose if enough of the looters turn out to vote."

CitizenSeven

Apr 28, 2013
Dallas
It's an inescapable downward spiral, especially as far as the USFG is concerned. After all, 47% (+/-4%, depending on economy and vagaries of law) pay no federal income tax, so they are much more likely to support and vote for even more federal largesse. This pushes the calculation to choose whether it's worth it to work or not further in the not work camp, which increases that percentage. And, of course, that's just the number for zero FIT. When you look at it in terms of per capital share of the federal budget(about 14k per year), the percentage skyrockets to around 90%. These people have no need to want to reduce USFG spending, since they aren't paying for it and certainly not anything approaching a fair share. The only thing to do is hunker down, be prepared for the inevitable collapse, and hope for the best. Hard to do in this hopeless age, I know, but such are the times we live in.

Utah

Oct 4, 2013
What all the "workers" need to do is just sit down and be still.
No violence. No insurrection. Just sit down and stop paying taxes thru payroll deduction.
Yeah I know....It'll never happen but it should.
Atlas is lookin' like he's going to shrug.

SR9TEX

Sep 23, 2013
I have got to say, since Obama was elected and as a white man living in a high populated area of hispanic and black (I'm still in Orlando). I'm creeping up on more time out of work then worked.Florida is a right to work state and you can be let go for any reason at any time with no explanation.

It makes me sick, I feel like I can't find a decent job and half the time its because I don't speak spanish.
On top of that its crazy how many people here I run into my age (26-30) that think its just the coolest thing to be on unemployment or that they have a food stamp card.I feel like a failure because I have to depend on help right now and these people are living the dream.

This is the reason why we made the move to Texas last month.I know non working bums are everywhere but Texas has a lot more to offer.And a lot less Takers!

Top Bottom