• Josh Smith

Smith-Sights LLC
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Wabash IN
    Hi All,

I'm planning to finish my 91/30's stock as it's down to bare wood. Meantime:

workingmosin.jpg

In a T53 stock, the 91/30 becomes much handier; it swings like a rifle with a much shorter barrel.

I've not shot for groups. This particular Mosin is MOA capable in its original stock, properly shimmed and with handloads. I have the new one shimmed to where it should work properly.

After I get the 91/30 stock refinished, I might just take this T53 stock and pillar bed it. I have to make a few repairs to it so I might as well!

Regards,

Josh
    Lynx Defense

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I've never seen a T53 (M44, M38, etc) stock on a 91/30; and I'm not quite sure as to the advantage it would give over a full-sized stock. The reduction in weight would be nominal in my estimate.

Also, since I expect you know your Mosins pretty well, the stock you are refinishing is from a run-of-the-mill rifle and nothing rare, right?

Lastly, where did you get that leather stock wrap on the bottom rifle?

Josh Smith

Smith-Sights LLC
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Wabash IN
    I've never seen a T53 (M44, M38, etc) stock on a 91/30; and I'm not quite sure as to the advantage it would give over a full-sized stock. The reduction in weight would be nominal in my estimate.

Hello,

The advantage seems to be a changed center-of-balance. The rifle doesn't swing like a shotgun now; it swings like a rifle.

Also, since I expect you know your Mosins pretty well, the stock you are refinishing is from a run-of-the-mill rifle and nothing rare, right?

Correct, nothing rare. Even if it were, it's been arsenal refurbished (a box with a diagonal slash indicates this) and I doubt it would be worth much over a standard stock.

Lastly, where did you get that leather stock wrap on the bottom rifle?

That came from Brass Stacker (Brass Stacker™). On the opposite side is a small ammo pouch I keep a stripper clip and a couple tools in. It's on the other side because I'm a lefty.

Regards,

Josh

Top Bottom