• ...and so much more!
  • ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Long gun: DSA FAL .308

Other long gun: Mosberg 590 12 ga pump

Sidearm: Glock 19

Why the Glock 19? I have the AA .22 conversion kit for it. It's also simple, reliable, and can take 33-rd mags.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Primary: The AK I built with a friend in his garage. I've got a lot of rounds down the tube, know it like the back of my hand and wouldn't even think twice about trusting my life to that rifle and my ability to use it.

Secondary: A Ruger 10-22 with an integral suppressor and a bajillion rounds of subsonic ammo... you know, about three pounds worth? I'd probably put a decent 1-4X variable power scope on it, a synthetic stock, extended controls (so I can actually use them) and call it a day. Sometimes discretion really is the better part of valor.

Sidearm: My P220 SAO of course. Pretty much the same situation as my AK: I know it, I'm comfortable with it, I trust it and IMO I'm good with it.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    im going to say.....
    for a long arm... either a m16 -ish weapon. or 7.62, whatever i can pick up off dead soldiers or badguys or LEOs or find in deserted armories in the aftermath of destruction. i figure the NFA wont mind if i am using F/A stuff ;) nato rounds will be plentiful so there is my logic for that.
    same deal for the sidearm
    something 9mm. maybe even a mp5. that would be nice.
    and probably a tactical 18 inch 12 guage moss or remington.

an added not, get out the israeli gas masks extra filters and dig up your full body haz-mat/radiation suites!

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    im going to say.....
    for a long arm... either a m16 -ish weapon. or 7.62, whatever i can pick up off dead soldiers or badguys or LEOs or find in deserted armories in the aftermath of destruction. i figure the NFA wont mind if i am using F/A stuff ;) nato rounds will be plentiful so there is my logic for that.
    same deal for the sidearm
    something 9mm. maybe even a mp5. that would be nice.
    and probably a tactical 18 inch 12 guage moss or remington.

an added not, get out the israeli gas masks extra filters and dig up your full body haz-mat/radiation suites!

I don't mind the logic behind the mp5 at all but don't you have a series of guns that you are already comfortable with Wolfwood or atleast one that you would always grab?

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    well, i am mighty comfy with the moss 500, though i have only fired the 20 ga model. id prefer a 12.
    as far ass what id grab that im already comfortable with, i am kindof at a loss due to insufficiant experiance, however my current options from my personal collection would be limited to (at the moment) to my hi-point c-9 with ghost ring sights (suprisingly accurate and reliable for any price especially the one i paid for it) and my remington 597 .22 LR (open sights). luckily im quite handy with both of those out to mid range
    i would probably trade my jennings .22 lr for ammunition at the post apocalyptic market arena.

crazy_taco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    El Paso
    Primary: M1A with a scope. Mil dot. Hopefully something decent like a Leupold. Of course a bipod.

Secondary: SBR'ed SLR-106UR (5.56 krink clone) with Kobra red dot, gen 1.

Sidearm: My 1911, iron sights. Simple and reliable.

Though carrying two full length weapons and a sidearm, plus enough ammo would be pretty heavy, especially if you had to travel around to find food. I'd try to limit myself to just a primary, and a sidearm.

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    These are what I would use from my collection

Springer SOCOM16 .308WIN (Primary rifle)
    LWRC M6A2 5.56/.223 (Back up/Hunting rifle)
    HK45 (Side arm)
    Mossy 500 Pump 12GA (General)

2Shots1Wound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    All of you macho guys with your Ar-15s. Please.....

1. Flare Gun
    2. My wife when shes pissed off
    3. Cell phone (to call the A-Team when my freaking plans don't come together)

That about does it...

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Long Gun--DPMS blk rifle .308 with a Burris Xtreme Tactical Scope with Illuminated Optics. Defense and large animals.

Handgun--XD 45 tactical with Corbon +p 230 grain ammo

Winchester Defender Shotgun--00 buck 2 3/4 shells for protection and Bird shot for well shooting birds and other small animals.

Funny cause im living my dream I own all these. There are tons more I would luv to have but these 3 would cover all my needs.

CharlieBear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I am going for the gun that has the most common type of ammo.

Anything thats a .223 or .308

12 gauge

IF I run out of ammo, odds are that I'll be able to hunt and peck and find something of these calibers sooner or later. After that I go with a Crossbow or bow/arrow set up.

P.S. If your interested in end of world scenarios PLEASE READ this Pulitzer Prize winning book "The Road", by Cormac McCarthy Bad Ass Book!!! The Road - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    1. Bushmaster M4- 5.56 Full Auto/Semi/Safe

2. H&K UMP- .45 Two Round Burst/Semi/Safe

3. Glock 22- .40 Semi

All issued by my agency already!!! Thanks US GOV!!!

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Lets see im going to post for me and my father.

For my father is would be:
    1) Sporty style DPMS .308 with a gas piston system, a can and an IR laser
    2) P90 with a can or an 16" .223 upper to mount on DPMS lower.
    3) Para P14 LDA
    Options .22 Ruger BearCat for small game

and for me
    1) My M24 with a can
    2) A Kris (if i can scrounge one somewhere) or Tompson
    3) RIA 1911 3 1/2"

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    From my gun safe.

(1)Primary(long gun) -Remington 700 BDL, .270
    (1)Secondary(Short gun, submachine gun etc) -Remington 870 (or 11-87)
    (1) Sidearm (pistol)-Colt Commander 1911 SS, XSE, 38 super (or Ruger SRH SS, 44 mag)

Ishtacka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Dickinson, Tx
    I was actually thinking about this the other day:
    1) With all of my black rifle experience (None) aren't they kinda picky on the maintenance and cleaning? Can you run an AR through lots of rounds (North of 800 lets say) without regular cleaning and oiling? (Say, the EOW situation with you and your posse constantly traveling with only backpacks and what you can carry)

2) Hearing that AKs are very reliable (If the Mujahidin can use em, a 3 year old can take care of one) might 7.62X39 become scarce over time? Would a .223 chambered rifle be a better ammo choice due to it's abundance in the states?

As for my choices:
    Rifle- Lever action 30-30/.44mag/.45-70 (Simple is good, and if it worked for the Duke, it'll work for me)
    Short- most likely a pump action shotty.(Not familiar with em too much so I won't even try)
    Pistol-Ideal=G17 due to ease of maint., abundance of parts and ammo.
    Realistic= Kimber .45 cause she's sweet and puts holes where I want em.

Ish

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was actually thinking about this the other day:
    1) With all of my black rifle experience (None) aren't they kinda picky on the maintenance and cleaning? Can you run an AR through lots of rounds (North of 800 lets say) without regular cleaning and oiling? (Say, the EOW situation with you and your posse constantly traveling with only backpacks and what you can carry)

2) Hearing that AKs are very reliable (If the Mujahidin can use em, a 3 year old can take care of one) might 7.62X39 become scarce over time? Would a .223 chambered rifle be a better ammo choice due to it's abundance in the states?

As for my choices:
    Rifle- Lever action 30-30/.44mag/.45-70 (Simple is good, and if it worked for the Duke, it'll work for me)
    Short- most likely a pump action shotty.(Not familiar with em too much so I won't even try)
    Pistol-Ideal=G17 due to ease of maint., abundance of parts and ammo.
    Realistic= Kimber .45 cause she's sweet and puts holes where I want em.

Ish

1) They're not as bad as people make them out to be. You should be able to go 800 rounds (at least) between maintenance without issues. The key is to lube it right the first time (wheel bearing grease or moly brake grease applied properly on the carrier). Still somewhat finicky, but seriously nowhere near as bad as their reputation.

2) That's why you stock up on a couple thousand rounds now. ;) You can also get AKs in 5.45x39mm (cheaper, similar - almost identical! - ballistics to 5.56 NATO) and 5.56mm NATO. I've personally seen one that somehow got an empty case get under the dust cover and it ran fine. Found the case when we stripped it down for cleaning. Also, at a tactical carbine shoot, I dropped a mag before I wanted to, and needed the ammo in it. I picked it up, and because it was a rainy day, the top of the mag was full of mud and grass... Stuffed it in the mag well, racked the bolt and never looked back. My rifle functioned just fine. I wouldn't reccomend trying that, though. :p

All that said, I firmly believe that a lever action .30-30 has good potential as a SHTF rifle. It can work decently in a "tactical" role, in spite of its lower capacity and slower reload time. In the hands of a decent operator, its rate of fire should match an autoloader up until it's empty. And it definitely would do just fine as a game-getter if you wound up in the countryside. I think there are a few hunters who have been successful with a rifle like that.. just one or two. :p

There's also something to be said about toting a gun that looks less "military" or "threatening". A lever action is a lot less likely to draw the "wrong kind" of attention, IMO.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    1) that, though. :p

I firmly believe that a lever action .30-30 has good potential ... It can work decently in a "tactical" role, in spite of its lower capacity and slower reload time. In the hands of a decent operator, its rate of fire should match an autoloader up until it's empty .

HELL YEAH, has anyone ever watched "The Rifleman"??

yooper_sjd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Christoval
    well I would keep it simple:
    Main longgun: CETME/HK clone

Backup Longung: Bolt action Mauser rechambered to .308 (small bolt parts are interchangeable between pretty much all mauser calibers with some fine tuning) so realy no big loss of rifle in case of breakdown.

Bigbore scattergun: Rem 870 12 ga

sidearm: 9mm

Top Bottom