• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I drove miles into the desert onto a friend's ranch out where there are no un-natural light sources.
    Set my camera (canon 7d) up on a slow (computer controlled) trajectory.

I have a buddy in Louisiana running the same settings with the same camera and another buddy in Missouri doing the same thing.

We're all shooting time lapse and our thought was that we would interweave our individual 1000's of shots into one glorious video.

The peak is supposed to be happening right now.

It is not! I've captured two airplanes and one meteor.
    Gun Zone Deals

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I forgot all about it. I just read that there was a second peak, Monday night into Tuesday morning. I guess it wasn't that good. Sorry you didn't have any luck.

Perseids 2013: Meteor shower peaks again on last night to enjoy show - latimes.com

Sucked. Between driving out and back from the ranch and nursing my camera all night I got no sleep and now I'm sitting in my office a total zombie for the day. I caught a total of 3 meteors and a couple of airplanes.
    Of course there's a chance that my camera picked up something that I didn't see.

Oh well.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Summer of 1988 I was in a small town in the panhandle of TX with a girl at my side star gazing and talking. The power just happened to go out making an already great view unreal just as the Perseid Meteor Shower started full on.

Amazing show, one I'll never forget.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Rob are you sure it wasen't the girl?

The shower was the main event that night.

I was the rebound relationship. Although at times things were very nice she ran hot and cold the whole summer really messing me up.

I near got into a knife fight with her angry drunk ex. Small town, chance encounter gal right in the middle not helping either side with her emotions. Lucky I had a knife as well and he had enough sense left to be talked down or I'd have been a bloody mess at best.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Sucked. Between driving out and back from the ranch and nursing my camera all night I got no sleep and now I'm sitting in my office a total zombie for the day. I caught a total of 3 meteors and a couple of airplanes.
    Of course there's a chance that my camera picked up something that I didn't see.

Oh well.
    Skip that and just go to Alaska and drink and see the northern lights

gcarrillo004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Atascocita, Texas
    Summer of 1988 I was in a small town in the panhandle of TX with a girl at my side star gazing and talking. The power just happened to go out making an already great view unreal just as the Perseid Meteor Shower started full on.

Amazing show, one I'll never forget.

pretty much the same for me, i think it was 92 or 93 same situation, blackout in Edmond OK, went to the mall parking lot up the turnpike and probably saw 1 every 2 seconds, amazing night for star gazing, sad night for little george lol

Top Bottom