• ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Sold Out!! Did you get one?

A little to high for me, but really I am basing that on past purchases and that probably isn't a real market indicator. I would feel more comfortable if it was in the $450 range, and even that would the highest I would go considering I'm going to have to pay for the transfer and shipping.

I have been keeping an eye out as well. Though I have a few, I wouldn't mind picking up one more just because.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I've kept an eye out since about this time last year and I think the days of the $450 AKs are gone. I'd call that a decent price depending on your interest.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

BRevell

<b>Forum Sponsor</b>
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 11, 2013
    N Austin
    Looks like a good price. Can't help thinking the importers are not going to lower their prices back to pre-SandyHook levels. I remember seeing junk Norincos for sub $200. BUT THEY WORKED!

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I've kept an eye out since about this time last year and I think the days of the $450 AKs are gone. I'd call that a decent price depending on your interest.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

I believe they are long gone. Too many market forces that will keep the cost higher and the cost of money is so much higher than 5 years ago. I have been wanting an AK for way too long not to have saved back enough to have bought that one or something similar by now. boohoo

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    There are tons of those at gun shows, if you really want a PAP then you might be able to get one somewhat close to that price if you are a good negotiator.

Note that these are current production civilian rifles from Zastava, not the demilled M70s that were prevalent a few years back (M70AB2 underfolder and M70B1 fixed stock rifles). The easiest way to spot the difference is the lack of the gas block grenade launcher sight.

Some PAPs even have demilled furniture on them, noted by the serial number on the stock; but these are not demilled rifles.

The chances of scoring an AK for $450 might come back one day (God willing), but for the time being you are lucky to find one under $600...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Even cheaper...

Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC

AKPAP Zastava PAP Semi-Auto AK-47 Wood Stock 7.62x39 w/2 30rd Mags $579.00 - Made in the same factory that produced top quality rifles for former Yugoslavia like the M70B1 and M70AB2, the newly manufactured PAP rifles are the civilian version of the M70 series. These beauties are the latest imports from the world famous Zastava factory. This is the HI-CAP classic full wood stock with a pistol grip. Features a a hammer forged barrel.
    Overall: 36.25",
    Condition: New.

TX0303

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    CenTex
    $565 shipped is a good price on these. I have one and they are top quality rifles. Lots of good reviews on the AK Files forum.
    One thing to note is that you want to make sure to get the O-PAP version, not the N-PAP one. Opaps have the better RPK receiver and are basically a semiauto Yugo M70.

Top Bottom