• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Last November illegal aliens involved in human trafficking stole my pickup truck. I contacted my U.S. Representative and he never replied.

Three weeks ago, the invasion of illegal aliens finally gained National attention, and I wrote him again.

Today, I got a reply to the mail I sent him:

Dear Mr. Jones:

Thank you for contacting me about the unaccompanied children crossing the Texas-Mexico border. I understand your concerns and I appreciate this opportunity to respond to you.

The flood of undocumented immigrants and unaccompanied children from Central America to the Texas - Mexico border has overwhelmed Border Patrol resources. I have toured Border Patrol facilities to view the situation firsthand. The men and women of the Border Patrol are being faced with extremely difficult decisions every day. In order to combat illegal immigration, we must work together with Central American countries and Mexico to address the problem jointly with a shared responsibility.

I have taken steps to help solve the border crisis by having conversations with the Ambassadors of Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, and the Embassy of Mexico to discuss protocols for child migration and ensure all children are being treated in a safe, humane manner. At the end of May, I sent a letter to the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security and the Appropriations Committee regarding ideas to address the situation. In June, Senator Cornyn ( R-TX) and I wrote to the Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell posing questions related to the undocumented immigrants and unaccompanied children crossing the border. I have also called on the President to join me in working towards a solution to this crisis.

The Administration is beginning to take steps to address the crisis we are currently facing, and many of the ideas include some of the suggestions I proposed. I have called for the establishment of a multi-agency "one stop shop" at the border. This would entail the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Department of Justice working together to ensure that all elements of the adjudication and removal process are completed at a central location on the border. Once again, thank you for contacting me. For more information on my views and legislation, please visit my congressional website at Rep. Henry Cuellar. Please do not hesitate to share your views with me regarding this or any other matter in the future.

Sincerely,
    7dce5eb8-ac74-474a-885b-3d73e5a59467.jpg

Henry Cuellar
    U.S. Congressman

What a pile of Carp! All talk, no action. It is neigh near the end of July, 2014, and this situation continues unabated.

Sadly, Henry Cuellar sits comfortably in a Gerry-Mandered Congressional District that a Federal Court forced over the Texas Legislature's wishes.

Most of his constituents don't give a damned about immigration because their Federal and State benefits are far better than working for a living.

Those voters don't care at all that illegals do the jobs they refuse to do.

There are more of them than us.

Texas SOT

Top Bottom