Would like to barter self-defense for CHL

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by Col. Plink, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Col. Plink

Col. Plink New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    texas
    Hey y'all,
    I'm a certified instructor of Shaolin Kempo Karate and would love to barter services with a CHL instructor. Let's make us both better at self-defense!

Respond with interest and what you charge or your class (Austin area please) and I can let you know how many private training sessions I can offer.

Empty-handed and weapon defense techniques, and training in martial arts weaponry, available for trade. Thanks!

2. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Hello to you too.

How about a link to your website, list your credentials, etc.

And why would I need to tell you my fees if we are going to barter?

3. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    Well, this is different.

You may want to post this in the classified section.

But howdy.

4. Col. Plink

Col. Plink New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    texas
    www.vdragon.com

Hey y'all,

CHL class fees are requested so I know how many personal training sessions I can offer (your time is worth money, as is mine; I guess in this case barter can be viewed as an alternate means of purchasing the value attached to goods and services. Ain't life grand?!)

Feel free to message me on www.texasguntrader.com (where I'm known as 'colonelplink') with inquiries, offers.

Thanks!

5. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    IOW, he wants to know YOUR labor rate before he discusses his....

Sounds fair, right?

Don't everyone jump up at once!<G>

6. Col. Plink

Col. Plink New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    texas
    As I mentioned, specifics are probably best exchanged in private communications. Get in touch with me here or on www.texasguntrader.com
    Thanks!

7. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    pass

8. TexasRedneck

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Don't blame ya, TI - frankly, any interest I MIGHT have had in what he has to offer would be negated by the 'tude....after all, his rates/fee structures SHOULD be transparent, I'd think.

9. Col. Plink

Col. Plink New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    texas
    No "'tude", just a respectful request to discuss personal business privately (didn't even ask for others' rates first; anyone who responds can have mine first if they like).

Just a request for information and an offer to negotiate in kind for those interested.

If it's not your thing, why bother responding?

10. TexasRedneck

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well, because your initial query wanted to know the instructors rates so you could tell them what kind of trade would be involved, rather than wanting information as to their course, etc. - so yeah, you DID request the respondents rates first.

When someone comes in with their first post to promote their business......I get kinda curious and tend to become pretty aggressive. But I appreciate knowing the way your thought process works.