Venture Surplus ad

Would like to hear your opinion of/about The Oathkeepers Organization?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    I know there are a lot of LEO's and military folks that use this forum.
    What do you think about this group?
    I have no affiliation just asking for your thoughts if any.
    Target Sports

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Up front: Not mil or LEO.

A guy with 12 posts asking a leading question about Oathkeepers?

Hmmmm.

We get "new" members that show up here from time to time trying to bait people on this forum. Honestly, given the appearances, I wouldn't respond to your question because it looks suspicious.

There are threads about Oathkeepers on here that can be found with the search function.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

Hmmmm.

We get "new" members that show up here from time to time trying to bait people on this forum. Honestly, given the appearances, I wouldn't respond to your question because it looks suspicious.

There are threads about Oathkeepers on here that can be found with the search function.

Welcome to the forum!

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX

Hmmmm.

Especially when they think Austin is paradise. :laughing:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I don't know what the "Oathkeepers" purpose, mission statement or anything else is. I have heard that they intend to keep their oaths on "their" specific beliefs of what certain aspects of their oaths mean. Like most groups, they have an agenda.

As a former LEO I took an oath, what would this group have done for me?

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    Thanks TexasJack I should have thought to use search. I'm caught up now.

I mistakenly thought that LEO's took a similar oath as the military, thus the conflict.
    I am neither as is apparent. I was lucky in the fact that I have some family in the military.
    The military folks I have known have been very influential in my life and I have the greatest of admiration of them.
    LEOs not so much, some are great (probably ex-military) the other half in my experience were just bullies.

Red Flags, well I thought it was funny don't you???

Again, Sorry I brought it up.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

I mistakenly thought that LEO's took a similar oath as the military, thus the conflict.
    I am neither as is apparent. I was lucky in the fact that I have some family in the military.
    The military folks I have known have been very influential in my life and I have the greatest of admiration of them.
    LEOs not so much, some are great (probably ex-military) the other half in my experience were just bullies.

Plenty of douches came out of the military. Also, just as many non-military LEOs are great and not bullies as the military. I fact, I am willing to bet that the percentage of Military bullies is the same as LE. It is not the job or career choice that makes the man. That is within his character, whether he cleans buildings for a living, drives a tank, or carries a badge.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio

Half bullies? Really? You say "in your experience", how much contact could you have had with LEO's to come to THAT conclusion?

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've had bad experiences with cops.

They gave me tickets for not adhering to their fascist limits on vehicular speed.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Plenty of douches came out of the military. Also, just as many non-military LEOs are great and not bullies as the military. I fact, I am willing to bet that the percentage of Military bullies is the same as LE. It is not the job or career choice that makes the man. That is within his character, whether he cleans buildings for a living, drives a tank, or carries a badge.

At the risk of being struck by lightning or attacked by a mob of peasants, I have to say I agree with TXI on this.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    ........Again, Sorry I brought it up.

No, no, there's no need to apologize. I just pointed out why folks might not WANT to reply.

My understanding is that the Oathkeepers fear that a very bad federal Administration (e.g., the Obama Administration) might decide to shelve the Constitution and use the military to enforce martial law, in which case they pledge to follow the oath they took and remain loyal to the Constitution.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    At the risk of being struck by lightning or attacked by a mob of peasants, I have to say I agree with TXI on this.

Ha. I felt about the same way. People have beef with cops, cops are humans and on top of that have a really difficult, dangerous job with lousy hours often dealing with the same knuckleheads over and over.

I prefer to not interact with them, i dont interact with them much as i dont do things that would cause that interaction.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I don't know what the "Oathkeepers" purpose, mission statement or anything else is. I have heard that they intend to keep their oaths on "their" specific beliefs of what certain aspects of their oaths mean. Like most groups, they have an agenda.

As a former LEO I took an oath, what would this group have done for me?

you might be looking at it wrong. It is not that they would be doing anything for you as an LEO.

Oath Keepers pledge to keep their oaths to the Constitution and not the politicians and they further pledge NO to obey unconstitutional orders like illegally taking weapons from citizens like happened in the aftermath of Katrina.
    They are also against warrantless, illegal searches.

I find no fault in their motives and support them.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    you might be looking at it wrong. It is not that they would be doing anything for you as an LEO.

Oath Keepers pledge to keep their oaths to the Constitution and not the politicians and they further pledge NO to obey unconstitutional orders like illegally taking weapons from citizens like happened in the aftermath of Katrina.
    They are also against warrantless, illegal searches.

I find no fault in their motives and support them.

Everyone who took an oath originally made those exact pledges. So what is the purpose of this group? The problem is when THEY as a group start deciding on what is constitutional and what is not. It often takes the courts YEARS to sort through a particular case and determine the constitutionality of some issue.

Does that make sense?

Top Bottom