Hurley's Gold

Would these comments about 2A rights from Gov Abbott get your vote Nov 8th?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    An abstention allows a vote for Beta to not be negated... It might as well be a vote for a third party candidate that has no chance of winning.

So....the entire point of voting is not to elect a competent person to office, but to negate the vote of another candidate?

Yep, Abbot is is definitely not the best man for the job, but he is the lesser of 2 evils when compared to beto

So...the entire point of voting is not to elect a competent person to office, but to support one evil over another?
    Guns International

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I'm so sick of the liberal media getting more powerful in this state.
    Texas Tribune is a woke mouthpiece, KVUE and KXAN have accidental actual news coverage but they can't seem to help interjecting some wokeism in their reporting.
    Then the Yankee media organization bought the Statesman and it immediately took a hard left. What really REALLY pisses me off is they feel obliged to weigh in on elections with their considered opinions. They know damn well they have influence and voicing "opinions" isn't reporting. I think that news media deserves the same level of scrutiny as companies for monopolistic acquisitions.
    I read where there's like 5 major organizations that own 98% of the "news" media. It's so bad that headlines are virtually identical across the country.

This source is usually reliable....

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    So....the entire point of voting is not to elect a competent person to office, but to negate the vote of another candidate?

In the current political climate? Yes. We have politicians, not statesmen. With politicians, all you can do is vote to keep the worse option out, since there's no best option to vote in.

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Abbott and Patrick never really supported or worked for

Open Carry.

I spoke be the committees during two sessions on Open Carry. Both of these characters were conspicuous by their silence l

Their only goal is re-election. 2A matters are not and have not been a real priority by either one based on legislative action.

Talk, talk, talk, and no action.
    No kidding - I wrote Patrick and he gave me a smarmy reply about not having the votes and trying to rationalize why he wouldn't bring it to the floor. After he was forced to bring it and it easily passed he sent out emails bragging about how he pushed it through.
    I can't stand liars and poseurs and he's both. Patrick needs to go. Abbott needs to get off his ass the 98% of the time he's not running for reelection. He acts like he's "protecting the border" and indeed I approve of his busing illegals to the liberal doorsteps.
    BUT - he needs to declare the border an emergency which is within his power. Then he can mobilize troops to deal with this influx.
    But he won't. If I were a cynical man, I'd almost think he does nothing because it's one of the few things he can platform for reelection.
    Political Rule #1 : never let a crisis go to waste.

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    This source is usually reliable....

I am a subscriber to everything they put out.
    However lately they are adopting many strategies of the left which bugs me since they claim to take the higher moral ground.
    I respect and appreciate Michael Quinn Sullivan and we've had many exchanges. But this new wave of his is getting a little too much for those of us who would just like to see factual reporting without all teh over dramatization of the facts.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Abbott and Patrick never really supported or worked for taking my AR-15 as beto has told us he would do.

Open Carry.

I spoke be the committees during two sessions on Open Carry. Both of these characters were conspicuous by their silence l

Their only goal is re-election. 2A matters are not and have not been a real priority by either one based on legislative action.

Talk, talk, talk, and no action. I don't want beto's action!

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    In the current political climate? Yes. We have politicians, not statesmen. With politicians, all you can do is vote to keep the worse option out, since there's no best option to vote in.
    The citizens of Texas have allowed us a choice of two. While we may not prefer to have either of them, those are the only choices now available. beto has stated in front of the nation he will take our guns. This only leaves one choice for my vote.

Last edited:

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    And the power grid is still not fixed. I will not be voting for Beto or Abbot.
    The power grid is a combination of ERCOT and 567 electric generators answering to the Public Utility Commission and the Texas Legislature. All of the problems of the power grid are not the fault of Abbott.

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Seems like a lot of folks are scared about hot wheels’ ability to win on his record. Or think that beta has a better chance than he really does.

If conservatives get complacent or decide they're not going to vote for someone whose record isn't perfect, then Bobby F will finally win one. The left turns out in force and will vote for anything with a (D) after its name. They don't stay home or vote third party if it might adversely affect the democrat candidate's chances.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    "From the Langley Outdoors Academy YouTube channel he reviews Governor Abbot's defense of the Second Amendment in his debate with Robert Francis O'Rourke [aka Beto]. He left Robert Francis looking like he didn't know what he was talking about. This is a perfect example of explaining the "why" and dismantling gun control point by point."
    There's not much to explain - Beto has told us he wants to take our guns.

While I don't trust much of what he says, I believe he would do everything possible to accomplish this.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …The left turns out in force and will vote for anything with a (D) after its name. They don't stay home or vote third party if it might adversely affect the democrat candidate's chances.

And that still hasn’t garnered them a statewide seat since 1994. You need to be more worried about the Senate races in Ga, Nv, Pa, Oh, Wi, NC and Az. Rs can’t lose their seats in NC, OH, Wi and have to get at least one flipped in the other states.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom