Texas SOT

Would these comments about 2A rights from Gov Abbott get your vote Nov 8th?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    so sad Willie Nelsen has gone full senile like JBiden

Good, maybe this will finally open Texans eyes to what a real POS Willie has been and is.......

Anyone just now figuring out Willie Nelson is (and always has been) a hippie probably ain’t from around here.

Ain’t going to change most people’s view of him, either.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I’m not a huge Abbott fan, mostly because of his covid crap. I was really hoping to replace him in the primary but we couldn’t get anyone decent to run against him. He has still done a fair amount that I do like though. At the end of the day, none of my dislikes would be better if beta were governor, so “not beta” is one reason, but not the only reason I’ll vote for Abbott.

Last edited:

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area

Enigma57

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2020
    Dallas/ Fort Worth Area
    No. Ain’t voting for beto, but not voting for hot wheels either. I guarantee hot wheels will do what’s most politically expedient for him when it comes to gun control.

Remember he didn’t want it until after Phelan got HB1927 (all two pages of it) through the house and everybody thought Patrick was going to sink it in the Senate, even after scaling it up to 50+ pages and adding .05 signs and enhanced penalties for prohibited places displaying their own new sign (46.03 signage).

Him and DP played the 2A community like a fiddle and now they both think we owe them something.
    He is what he is. But this way of thinking is the most asinine type/ of reasoning not to vote Republican in my opinion. Every non-Republican vote will be subject to a Democratic vote (Beto). That's exactly the reason he ended up with over a million votes in the last Senate race in this State and unfortunately why we're seeing him raise his ugly head again for the Govenor's position. We must stand firm on the lesser of evils for this State and at least vote. Let's cut the snake's head off where is rises and end it, now...... We can only hope we'll have better Republican choices for the State of Texas in the near furure......

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    He is what he is. But this way of thinking is the most asinine type/ of reasoning not to vote Republican in my opinion. Every non-Republican vote will be subject to a Democratic vote (Beto). That's exactly the reason he ended up with over a million votes in the last Senate race in this State and unfortunately why we're seeing him raise his ugly head again for the Govenor's position. We must stand firm on the lesser of evils for this State and at least vote. Let's cut the snake's head off where is rises and end it, now...... We can only hope we'll have better Republican choices for the State of Texas in the near furure......
    You are absolutely correct. And yes, every single vote counts. toddnjoyce probably has 2 votes. The idea that your vote doesn’t matter is why we have Brandon. I wish I could convince some of my stupid family to not vote.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Anything other than an "R" vote increases the chance of having the same type person in the Texas State House as the White House. That is unacceptable. I think that would cause a lot more damage than people think it would. And not just to Texas.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    He is what he is. But this way of thinking is the most asinine type/ of reasoning not to vote Republican in my opinion......
    That’s nice. Clayton Williams once said something about if rape is inevitable. That must be what it’s like compromising your integrity to vote for the least worst choice.

.. Every non-Republican vote will be subject to a Democratic vote (Beto).......
    Not sure what you’re trying to say here, but that’s not really the way it works.

….That's exactly the reason he ended up with over a million votes in the last Senate race in this State ......

If you want to be accurate, beto didn’t get a million votes against Cruz, he ended up with a little over 4 million votes and still came up short despite outspending Cruz 2:1 in the most expensive Senate race in history. Cruz also didn’t start campaigning until six weeks before election day. His entire campaign strategy came down to a debate and TV commercials. This race has much different dynamics involved.

…We must stand firm on the lesser of evils for this State and at least vote.....
    Your entitled to that opinion.

…We can only hope we'll have better Republican choices for the State of Texas in the near furure......
    Hope is not a plan.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What do you expect to accomplish by NOT voting for Abbott?

I’ll sleep well knowing I didn’t vote for Abbot.

ETA: for over a year now, I’ve mailed a paper letter every day the mail runs asking him to let the COVID emergency declaration die. That declaration he resigns gives him and every local .gov unlimited powers to do what they think they can get away with.

Sorry, I’m not voting for a continuation of that.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

ETA: for over a year now, I’ve mailed a paper letter every day the mail runs asking him to let the COVID emergency declaration die. That declaration he resigns gives him and every local .gov unlimited powers to do what they think they can get away with.

Sorry, I’m not voting for a continuation of that.
    I hope you'll sleep well with the actions of beto and his liberal sponsors, should he manage to become Governor.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I hope you'll sleep well with the actions of beto and his liberal sponsors, should he manage to become Governor.

I will. Have you read the GOP plank lately? My position is their position.

20. Executive Orders: We oppose all executive orders, whether by a president, a governor, or a local
    official, that go beyond administration of executive authority and have the effect of legislation. We call upon the Texas Legislature or local lawmakers to nullify such executive orders.

Nobody with an R after their name has been doing anything about that.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Everyone of my stupid democrat family will vote for Beto no matter what he says or thinks. Only republicans want to sleep well no matter what the consequences will be and then they complain about how things are. Sleep well and let everyone else carry the load for you.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Everyone of my stupid democrat family will vote for Beto no matter what he says or thinks. Only republicans want to sleep well no matter what the consequences will be and then they complain about how things are. Sleep well and let everyone else carry the load for you.
    Beto wants to take what I carry! He needs to carry his ass to CA or NY and stay out of Texas.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Beto wants to take what I carry! He needs to carry his ass to CA or NY and stay out of Texas.
    You got that right. So does Biden and every other democrat in the house and senate. Plus a few republicans.

Makes you wonder why he didn't run for gov in New York or California. Because it's all about replacing republican governors with democrat governors.

Top Bottom