ARJ Defense ad

Would these comments about 2A rights from Gov Abbott get your vote Nov 8th?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I just drove through UNT. A good 80% of the pedestrians were carrying beto signs.
    It's going to be close.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    If hot wheels loses, my little vote won’t have made the difference. The two things beta is good at is fundraising and new voter turnout. Beta’s going to need to get every single D primary voter and another 600,000 votes just to catch up to the R voter turnout in the primary

Reality is it’ll come down to the independents which are currently leaning 53 - 46 to Abbott. He’s going to have to roll over his dick pretty badly between now and the end of the month for that to happen.
    Francis is that good at fundraising. Much of his campaign chest is a down payment to purchase his services if elected.
    Soros money doesn't go to St Jude or cancer research.

Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    If Republicans in the legislature really want to solidify the vote - they'll implement a law banning political contributions for state and local office from non-residents for the jurisdiction the race is for - no more out-of-state political contributions by the likes of Soros, Gates, or PACs not registered / incorporated in Texas. If they can't outright ban them, they sure as hell can cap political contributions - say a max of $10k per person or PAC - and if the AG has balls they will investigate any and all suspicions of money laundering into any campaign - regardless of affiliation.

Abbott didn't win my vote in November, he's getting it with my nose pinched because he's the "anyone but Beto" candidate.

Honestly what I'm afraid of is that when Abbott leaves office as Governor, we're going to wind up with some one like Phelan, Coryn, or Patrick as the non-Democrat candidate that wins the next primary. @Hoji mentioned a DeSantis-esque candidate to primary him out - my only question to that is "who would that be" - what sort of firebrand is there in the Texas GOP that doesn't play RINO games and happily hoists the middle finger to not only the liberals, but all the pansy ass lockdown loving gun controlling turds like Cringeshaw? That person would get my vote every day and twice on Sunday.

I liked Allen West far more than Abbott, but Abbott had the clout and the cash, and Colonel West's kurfuffle with his wife and the Dallas PD didn't help him any. People want to talk shit about the Colonel's methods overseas, but those methods don't bother me. His troops were safe, until he was no longer their leader, when successful attacks resumed against his people. I shed no tears over a bunch of damn goat fuckers who happened to be born over Haliburton's oil wells, or the CIA's poppy fields. The charges against him and his dismissal from the Army was as political as it was in the name of justice.

The other alternative was a damned car salesman, and I don't trust car salesman and never will.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …a DeSantis-esque candidate to primary him out - my only question to that is "who would that be" - what sort of firebrand is there in the Texas GOP that doesn't play RINO games and happily hoists the middle finger to not only the liberals, but all the pansy ass lockdown loving gun controlling turds like Cringeshaw? …
    There isn’t one. Constitutionally, the state government is designed to be weak with the Governor’s office weaker than the legislature. Perry and now Abbott have been trying to make it more powerful thru patronage appointments to state agencies and boards while the legislature has pretty much abdicated their responsibilities to oversee what the government is doing.

This concept that the state governor should be strong ain’t how it was designed to be.

Top Bottom