APOD Firearms

Would these comments about 2A rights from Gov Abbott get your vote Nov 8th?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Zero doubt. I've seen first hand how a purple state can turn deep blue within a very short time.

That being said, the recent polls don't tell a good story for Beto, so I'm not really worried about a Beto victory party anytime soon.

Still, reading that some might prefer Beto running the state, on a supposed 2A forum is very, very worrying to read.

California hasn't been purple since I've been alive and I'm 41 years old. It was a shit hole in 1981 and it's a shit hole now.. Republicans aren't saving anything. They haven't stopped the cancer of communism masked as proggressivism.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    Good leadership takes more than voting for the lessor of two poor options on election day. We need become more active in the election process of those who govern us. Donations of time as well as money are needed to successfully have good leadership.

It's possible. Florida literally went from Rick Scott (infamous RINO) to Desantis. Just imagine if Florida had elected Andrew Gillum "to jolt conservatives" into action. Boy that would have been a disaster for the state.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    California hasn't been purple since I've been alive and I'm 41 years old

That's simply not true. I actually lived in California when the last real GOP governor was in office in California. I doubt you lived there, or you would remember how purple the state was at that time.

Pete Wilson (the last real Republican governor of California) was in office in 1999. That was only 23 years ago. He was the one who championed Prop 187, which would have banned illegal aliens from receiving any state social services, and also instituted "3 strikes", he was very tough on crime. He also vetoed many gun control initiatives from the California legislature. Does that sound like a deep blue state? It doesn't to me.

If Prop 187 would have survived a corrupt Clinton appointed district judge, maybe things would have been different in California. But it did not, and the illegal aliens took over, and the unions then fought against GOP-lite Arnold "Governator" Schwarzenegger and defeated all of his anti-union initiatives soundly in 2005 and killed the CA GOP for good. I lived through it, and remember it vividly.

Texas is not quite that bad, but I can see the parallels between 1994-1999 California and Texas of 2022. You guys better not **** it up by even considering a Beto.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Texas was only blue for over 112 years before. That was a different shade of blue. Today’s blue is more like pinko commie.

ETA:

Check your ballot. There’s four names and a write block.
    I will repeat myself to some extent. If you do not want Francis in the State Capitol, you only have one choice. The number of candidates doesn't matter, it is one of two people who will win. Sure, "if only people would do XYX..." is great, but they don't and won't. We have to work with what we've got and what we've got is two flawed men, pick the flaws you can live with.

I trust your motivations and your heart, but by not voting you are giving Beto a half vote instead of a full vote to Abbot

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    It's funny, I remember a lot of these same discussions in California when Gavin Newsom was being recalled. This was after Newsom had put everyone into a strict lockdown for a year, and destroyed the small business community in California (while keeping Walmart and Costco afloat). Supposed "Conservatives" saying, "Yeah I don't like Gavin Newsom at all, but Larry Elder is basically a black trump, and going to feed into WHITE supremacy."

Imagine that, a conservative black guy who was born in Compton, was going to be supporting white supremacy and racism against colored people. :laughing:

Newsom retained his political career with a 62% to 38% victory. Now California is dealing with $8 gas, minimal gun rights, even higher and higher taxes, and gender affirmation theory pushed right in their K-12 schools (after the transsexual drag queen show in the school library). He's favored to win re-election by 30+ points.

Sometimes I think conservatives and libertarians are their own worst enemy. They play this game called "Perfect is the enemy of good", and all the while, they evangelize their principled rhetoric, dragging conservative/republican candidates through the mud for not doing enough here, or doing too little there, not being perfect when they should be. Instead of trying to influence for better policies and advocate for change for their own team, they cast them aside and resort to political balkanization, supporting little known principled paragons with little influence, and even less experience to navigate the politics of running a state of nearly 30,000,000 people. We love to point our knives at each other. It happened in California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and so on, until we weakened each other so much that the other side simply had to step over us to victory.

Now, the other side... well, they don't have these same "principled" problems. They vote lock step, hands grasping each other tightly, as they march towards rainbows, and communism. Some from our side even believe it would be better if the other side won, you know, to "wake us up" to the horrors of their vile ideology. This is how dysfunctional we've become in our thinking, while the other side continues their zombie like march to overrunning us completely.

If not for President Apple Sauce Brains, I am convinced we would be facing a red rout, instead of a possible red wave. I think it's fortunate that we have Apple Sauce Brains in office, really, really fortunate. He's become so unpopular, even Beto didn't risk campaigning with him for "support". But we can't rely on that always being the case, and we've got to find a way to vote for freedom, TOGETHER, or possibly risk losing it forever.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    @CaliGunner has described perfectly why Oregon's last Republican governor was in the 1980's.

Conservatives + Republicans (not necessarily the same, but overlapping groups) just cannot come together over a candidate because they tend to want Jesus (usually White Jesus, ignoring the fact that Jesus was born in the middle east and probably had tan skin, black hair, and a funny shaped nose compared to those of Anglo lineage) reincarnated and anyone less is just not good enough.

Democrats are great at playing the long game and the death-by-a-thousand-cuts game. As soon as they get a crack, they drive a wedge in there powered by a dirty 2MPG diesel truck then drag in every retarded hack they can find to fill the gap with commies, crazies, and corruption.

Most Oregonians today have never heard of Vic Atiyeh, as he left office before most were alive. Left office in 1987 and a pedophile named Neil Goldschmidt replaced him as governor.

Every governor's election since has been one disappointment after another. Lots of in-fighting, lots of people saying they don't like the GOP candidate so they either abstain from voting, or they vote third party (I'm guilty, so I'm not throwing glass stones at brick toilets), and the result is the same every time. Instead of fighting during the primary, and coming together for incremental change in the general, its the same story every time.

The current governor - more well known for being the "first bisexual female governor" (not the first female governor, that honor went to Barbara Roberts, who replaced Neil Goldschmidt) of Oregon, and the first openly bisexual governor of any US state. I still can't imagine the woman who looks at Kate Brown and gets her panties soaked, but I guess there might be someone out there. She's also known for helping oust her predecessor for *his* corruption, yet the voters re-elected her after she finished two years of his term despite her own dirty deeds coming to light (pay-to-play scandal involving Comcast, among others)

She's rabidly anti-gun, she's one of the lockdown queens who kept her state under draconian rule far longer than most. And dont' get me started on the whole Bundy / Finnicum thing that she was overseeing.

Her predecessor - four time electee John Kitzhaber was fairly moderate, for a dem, but he was still a dem, and got worse as he got older. Democrats, unlike good cheese or fine wine, do not get better with time. They get sour and nasty. He was selling influence via his bimbo girlfriend, who he made an unpaid member of state government.

In between his 2nd and 3rd terms, his buddy Ted Kulongoski was governor - basically Kitzy's hand-picked successor. Ted was milk toast and ineffective. Imagine Al Gore with Mr. Rogers personality, but the excitement of watching bread toast. He might actually be the BEST governor Oregon has had in the last 35 years, because of his general blahness. Still, he was the top democrat in the state and the democrats did typical democrat shit under his watch.

Now the state is in a three way race with California and Washington to see which goes so far left they fall off into the Pacific and sink. The Democrats want to do the same to Texas. They've openly talked about plans and desires to turn red states purple, then blue. Texas, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Florida, and Nevada are all targets. IF they can flip Texas blue - get the governorship, the Lt. Governorship - that gives them leverage and they're more likely to flip at least one US Senate seat, and pick up a lot more seats in the state legislature.

I hope Texas does not turn blue. I don't fault anyone for not voting for Abbott - but if we cannot come together as a strong group - they'll get that crack, they'll get their wedge, and the politcal course of Texas and the US could be damaged a lot.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    It's funny, I remember a lot of these same discussions in California when Gavin Newsom was being recalled. This was after Newsom had put everyone into a strict lockdown for a year, and destroyed the small business community in California (while keeping Walmart and Costco afloat). Supposed "Conservatives" saying, "Yeah I don't like Gavin Newsom at all, but Larry Elder is basically a black trump, and going to feed into WHITE supremacy."

Imagine that, a conservative black guy who was born in Compton, was going to be supporting white supremacy and racism against colored people. :laughing:

Newsom retained his political career with a 62% to 38% victory. Now California is dealing with $8 gas, minimal gun rights, even higher and higher taxes, and gender affirmation theory pushed right in their K-12 schools (after the transsexual drag queen show in the school library). He's favored to win re-election by 30+ points.

Sometimes I think conservatives and libertarians are their own worst enemy. They play this game called "Perfect is the enemy of good", and all the while, they evangelize their principled rhetoric, dragging conservative/republican candidates through the mud for not doing enough here, or doing too little there, not being perfect when they should be. Instead of trying to influence for better policies and advocate for change for their own team, they cast them aside and resort to political balkanization, supporting little known principled paragons with little influence, and even less experience to navigate the politics of running a state of nearly 30,000,000 people. We love to point our knives at each other. It happened in California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and so on, until we weakened each other so much that the other side simply had to step over us to victory.

Now, the other side... well, they don't have these same "principled" problems. They vote lock step, hands grasping each other tightly, as they march towards rainbows, and communism. Some from our side even believe it would be better if the other side won, you know, to "wake us up" to the horrors of their vile ideology. This is how dysfunctional we've become in our thinking, while the other side continues their zombie like march to overrunning us completely.

If not for President Apple Sauce Brains, I am convinced we would be facing a red rout, instead of a possible red wave. I think it's fortunate that we have Apple Sauce Brains in office, really, really fortunate. He's become so unpopular, even Beto didn't risk campaigning with him for "support". But we can't rely on that always being the case, and we've got to find a way to vote for freedom, TOGETHER, or possibly risk losing it forever.
    Republicans pols have to start doing what is in the best interest of our Republic and quit being the feckless @#$%s they have been for decades. That means holding corrupt Dems and Republicans responsible for their corruption and abuse of power.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I hope Texas does not turn blue. I don't fault anyone for not voting for Abbott - but if we cannot come together as a strong group - they'll get that crack, they'll get their wedge, and the politcal course of Texas and the US could be damaged a lot.
    Why not fault anyone not voting Abbott now? I would fault them. Either they support 2A or they don’t.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Not having a pair and standing up for the right thing at the right time on a continual basis has got us to this point. The time to have been active in choosing our leadership was months ago, not days away.

So....the only option left is to compromise our conservative goals and values for another term? Isn't that what got us here in the first place? And what was that definition for "insanity" again?.....

At this point, I would just settle for good. Instead, we get "meh". And we end up with a choice between a liberal who is honest about his liberalism and a "conservative" that is dishonest about his conservatism......

Not playing that game anymore....

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    No, your system has gotten us the rinos we have today. They know you’ll stick with them regardless of how bad they stab you in the back. The lesser of two evils, is still evil.
    Yep, but a rock in my boot is better than no foot.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom