• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Torkey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Sorry for the late reply. Thanks to everyone for all the input. Whether it was the answer I wanted to hear or not the feedback was appreciated. If switching jobs/employers were that easy it wouldn't be an issue, because I get where those who say "you should respect the rules of those that pay you"- but transferring to a position in another company where protection wouldn't be necessary (lets face it, no one in my field allows employees to carry minus small independents)- would warrant a drastic paycut. I've been wondering about the legal ramifications because in that link that I posted in the original post, it doesn't seem that the incident with that company led to any federal charges against the employee for carrying when it was against company policy. If I ever had to utilize that last step to protect myself in a situation and I knew the worst thing that was going to happen is I'd get fired, then I would have been carrying at work a LONG time ago. The fear of being in the right to use it and then going to prison or something of the sort for carrying against company policy is what would worry me. Its just irritating these companies would rather the event happen and then look into it afterwards than being worried about protecting life in the first place.....I would rather see the money invested in some sort of armed security (or hell even the allowance of licensed carry by employees) to protect those that are out there making money for them.
    DK Firearms

linh811

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    If you can't follow their rules, why should they have to follow their rule of having to pay you? Find another job.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Just keep In mind any company that has lawyers will have no weapons policies.

If I were you, what I would do is document every time you have a character in your store that you think is unsavory. Report it to management, and keep up with other local retailers. And report to your district manager when they have issues.

Try to generate a case for an on site guard.

Meanwhile meet the local pd. and make friends.

Top Bottom